NSW InterSchools

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
might think this is a stupid question but if im only 16 but has a full time apprenticeship, can you still race for your ex-school because you arent over 18 yet or can you only race while attending school because i only left at the start of this month???
Technically no, but they only check if you come top 3, so as long as you "say your riding for your old school" and don't come 1,2 or 3 you'll be sweet

zen zen

Likes Dirt
It seems SE Mtb has had a change of heart and body armour is no longer compulsory but "strongly recommended". Gotta love the rule changes in mtbing.
Yeah but they cant really say armour only, its expensive and like no one has any so it would make there numbers drop.

Hard and fast

Likes Dirt
Yeh I gave the Guys at South East MTB a call today and they have changed it to Highly recommend, but still gonna get a vest to where though.

should be pretty fun event, new glory should be good as well haha

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
It starts from after the fireroad section "because of the danger of it". You start normally in the starting gate where a dude will count down. Yes but there is a few minutes gap between riders.
It may or may not start from after the fire road, it hasn't been confirmed yet.
It's 30 seconds.. and it isn't enough.

Also SEMTB, I know not only myself, but a few other guys had a few run-ins with competitors infront of us, can we get re-runs this year?
Last year at the top we where told that if we got stuck behind another rider who wouldn't clear the track, or if you ran into them like I did, you could stop at the nearest marshell and tell them, aswell as go to the marshell at the bottom so we could get it confirmed. I asked at the bottom and they said no. So maybe this year, get that organised and make sure every organiser knows the full situation with re-runs!

thanks
thats good
yer I had heard that you leave with 3 other riders
thanks guys
Well what you have heard sounds an awful lot like 4X.

Last edited:

tom92

Likes Dirt
scotty-robbo are u retarded????
common sense would answer most of you questions.

seriously who would think a downhill race would start 3 people at once.......geez
of course you can choose if you want to take the a or b line despite the fact that you can roll all but 4 parts

please next time think before you post!

rant-over
tom

nskz

Likes Dirt
umm how do i put this so you can understand it, the Thredbo downhill track has only one line. There is no B line,

That is simply flat out incorrect. I can think of at least four B-lines off the top of my head...as of 3 weeks ago when I was there last. Sure, they are not marked <--B A--> like on a lot of tracks but the lines exist none the less and are probably the more ridden line by the average casual rider. Unless they bunt them off during a race, which I see no reason to do so particularly as this is an interschools event with many of the riders being somewhat inexperienced.

bikeman102

Likes Dirt
hey guys, ive been down to thredvo for the last 3 years, and i was just wondering if i could enter this race even tho i am in QLD??