NSW State DH Championships - Aug 9/10, Awaba

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe a stupid question: Do you have to have a certain amount of points to go in the champs?

bodgie

Likes Dirt
Hey i read somewhere in the thread for last years state champs something about only riders with a yearly mtba membership could race or something along those lines i think? Was this right? And if so is it the same for this year?

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
If not it should be! that was the new rule set in 2006 as far as I understood it.

Hey i read somewhere in the thread for last years state champs something about only riders with a yearly mtba membership could race or something along those lines i think? Was this right? And if so is it the same for this year?

bodgie

Likes Dirt
Righteo cheers. Just curious, why do they do that? I'd imagine theres quite a few riders who wouldnt race the whole series maybe a couple of races a year tops, myself and a couple of mates included. As such people like me would just get day licences. Would turn a fair few people off i would of thought if they had to buy a yearly license just to do that race. Although i suppose then it gives them more incentive to do more races after im guessing?

scblack

Leucocholic
Righteo cheers. Just curious, why do they do that? I'd imagine theres quite a few riders who wouldnt race the whole series maybe a couple of races a year tops, myself and a couple of mates included. As such people like me would just get day licences. Would turn a fair few people off i would of thought if they had to buy a yearly license just to do that race. Although i suppose then it gives them more incentive to do more races after im guessing?
If you only do a couple of races per year, WHY are you bothering with the Champs? Just go for a punt at a club race.

State Champs is for the best racers in the State, not the weekend warriors who turn out occasionally.

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Yep I wonder that myself? Maybe the sport class is were all day licence riders can race because it seems a day licence rider is not as serious about racing as someone who is holder of a licence and more likely to compete in a series more than once.

Then why do they have sports class for punters?

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Yep I wonder that myself? Maybe the sport class is were all day licence riders can race because it seems a day licence rider is not as serious about racing as someone who is holder of a licence and more likely to compete in a series more than once.
I totally agree with all of the above,
but I do believe that race entry is open to all takers
"including those on the dreaded day licence"

Not my call and we do want to get a good turnout for this race.

[Z]

Likes Dirt
most probably, the only reason there wasnt one for Nowra is because of the online entry going up so late. Seeing as the online entry is up and running im pretty sure there will be late fees same as all the other races.

prosheep

Likes Dirt
2 questions:
1)what is the rule at camping at the race site is it allowed or not?

2)how come the venue is called awaba when it is closer to killingworth?

grubby

Likes Dirt
the awaba venue is actually closer to awaba, it is only about 5 mins from awabaand 5 mins to cooranbong.killinhworth is about 15 minutes up the road. our old club site was in killingworth.

not sure on the camping thing.

drewandmel

Bling Industries
[Z];1491511 said:
most probably, the only reason there wasnt one for Nowra is because of the online entry going up so late. Seeing as the online entry is up and running im pretty sure there will be late fees same as all the other races.
You call 3 days before the event "up and running". The whole idea to having pre rego was to help with the paperwork on the day AND give the club a bit of heads up on how many people to expect so they could organise transport etc accordingly.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The race is not at Killingworth.

The track is located of Mt Faulk road Cooranbong. Have a look on google earth.

prosheep

Likes Dirt
thanks hotazell i now have my directions, if it wasnt for you buddie i would be at killingworth with no idea.

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Is there going to be a late entry fee for those registering at the race.
Foxy.
Don't think so Jo, but I have been known to get it totally wrong before hey.

[Z];1491511 said:
Online rego for this race was up no longer than it was for Nowra, so I doubt they will charge extra for entries on the weekend.

You call 3 days before the event "up and running". The whole idea to having pre rego was to help with the paperwork on the day AND give the club a bit of heads up on how many people to expect so they could organise transport etc accordingly.
Agree, I think it's a bit rich to expect you guys to pay for extra for late entry with the online thing only happening this week.

Disclaimer
Now, having said all that I am not runnig the show and we don't have the "dream rego team", Donna and Lynn there this week so you guys will have to go with whatever is said to you on the weekend. Some of the other organisers will read this thread and no doubt will slap my arse for giving you all a bum steer if that is the case.

I will ask this,

If possible please pre-register online it really does make it soooooo much easier on Saturday and Sunday morning.

If you do enter online, please printout and bring your receipt.

If you are an MTBA/CA member, please have your membership card with you for validation. (it is an insurance requirement)

If you are not an MTBA/CA member and registering on the day please sort out your day licence before lining up in the "give me all you money line"

this is bullshit

This is bullshit i dont even no where to go i have been lookin for directions for days and contacted the guys and they havnt roten back, and i am leaving tomorrow, you would think that they would put an address on the frigen think