NZ South Island DH Trip

dunndog

Eats Squid
Sick lads! 5 of us are heading over next thursday Feb.9-16, flying direct into Qtown with Jetstar, flights were about $480 return including 40kg checked baggage, should cover the steed and gear easily. got a pimped out house on the lake for about $80 AUD each per night, figured after a few days of riding and living together a small place can get a bit much, so we got heaps of room to spread out. Hoping for some good weather for barbies, beers and getting max use out of the deck, outdoor areas and spa. Really pumped for this trip, thinking we'll probably spend 3-4 days riding off the gondola and 2-3 days elsewhere, think wynyard and cardrona are on the map for day trips, any suggestions on some sweet loamy goodness for a third day? will be getting in touch with qtown bike taxis shortly..
So stoked. Can't wait.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The other place customs like to look is under the seat where the post clamp joins the seat.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sick lads! 5 of us are heading over next thursday Feb.9-16, flying direct into Qtown with Jetstar, flights were about $480 return including 40kg checked baggage, should cover the steed and gear easily. got a pimped out house on the lake for about $80 AUD each per night, figured after a few days of riding and living together a small place can get a bit much, so we got heaps of room to spread out. Hoping for some good weather for barbies, beers and getting max use out of the deck, outdoor areas and spa. Really pumped for this trip, thinking we'll probably spend 3-4 days riding off the gondola and 2-3 days elsewhere, think wynyard and cardrona are on the map for day trips, any suggestions on some sweet loamy goodness for a third day? will be getting in touch with qtown bike taxis shortly..
So stoked. Can't wait.
Stay in the park , if it rains or damp days and the lift is shut head to remarkables gnarly track I didn't like Zoot or whnyard or Clyde . I didn't get to see Snow Park but they say it's on of the best . The bakery does samboes for $5 NZ and the pies are good and the ferg burgers are good value

dunndog

Eats Squid
Stay in the park , if it rains or damp days and the lift is shut head to remarkables gnarly track I didn't like Zoot or whnyard or Clyde . I didn't get to see Snow Park but they say it's on of the best . The bakery does samboes for $5 NZ and the pies are good and the ferg burgers are good value
Really? Must admit zoot just looks like a glorified goat track popular thanks to it's appearance in follow me, still looks fun though.. what didn't you like about wynyard and did you get a look at cardrona? Remarks and SP have also been tossed around amongst the group..And what's this 'damp days' business? Surely they don't close the riding unless it's really raining proper?

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really? Must admit zoot just looks like a glorified goat track popular thanks to it's appearance in follow me, still looks fun though.. what didn't you like about wynyard and did you get a look at cardrona? Remarks and SP have also been tossed around amongst the group..And what's this 'damp days' business? Surely they don't close the riding unless it's really raining proper?
Wynyard is ridiculously good fun!

As is the shuttle, sealed rode, short and sweet! The DH track is really quite strange and qwirky,yet still a blast. The jumps their are better than almost anything in Australia (Almost = Red Bull Dirt Pipe).

Shredden

Knows his goats
Kizz, you are coming with us for 10 days over easter. We are riding queenstown gondola. Talkies at school ya?

I would just facebook you but I downloaded too many movies (ead sopa) and I am on dial up speed, thus facebook is being a bitch. Wish I had a terabyte like you :)

mtb_ts

Likes Bikes
I thought I would share with you all a trip I have been planning since may to NZ for 2 weeks in Feb then give a full report during if I have time and after with photos and videos.
Any one else going to be in NZ riding the 1st 2 weeks??

Scott
I am arriving in Rotorua on 11th Feb. I'm heading over by myself, checking out Air New Zealand's Sydney-Rotorua direct flight. I'll be in NZ til the end of the month.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Zoot was a 2 min ride in a gutter , no trees its just wasn`t for me . The lift was closed on a few mornings 1/2 day when we were there because it rained the night before , but dont be to worried the lift stars at 3 and goes till late . The weather pattern can be strange because of the mountains , raining in one place and dry else were . So there is always some ware to ride . Wynyard is a good track very well maintained super smooth a lot of great jumps and wood but its more a track for single crowns , 6 inch bike great to section and get snaps . Its so close to the gondola that i would have rather of been there . The ridding seen in Queens town is really good and loads of variety in tracks check out all the tracks if you have the time or do half day shuttles then afternoon gondola . There is something for everyone .

Scott101

Likes Dirt
For the Gondola should we be buys day or 1/2 day tickets on the day or a 3 or 5 day pass?

Just taking into account the weather not so much the cost

cressa

Likes Dirt
Sitting in the departure lounge in Brisbane. We'll be smashing out gondola runs in less than 24 hours. Pity the fools not on this flight. :single_eye:

dunndog

Eats Squid
Sitting in the departure lounge in Brisbane. We'll be smashing out gondola runs in less than 24 hours. Pity the fools not on this flight. :single_eye:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmbastard! How long you there? We arrive next thursday..