Oakley Airbrake

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oakley air brake goggles ? . So who has them . I know they come at a premium $175 but are they worth it . Im looking into getting some mainly for the race ready system for wet weather riding < NZ > , $200 for the race ready . Has any used the race ready system or how much better are the Airbrakes over a normal goggle .

louestah

Likes Bikes
I really want some but the price is just too much for me considering its just a goggle. They do look good though, I assume they would be good

crim 87

Likes Dirt
i use mine mostly for mx but the extra vision you get is amazing cant see any frame at all i will def be using them at the upcoming gravity events i highly recommend them expensive yes but worth it changing lenses is so easy

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Would an application of a hydrophobic treatment to the goggles keep the mud and rain off? Something like rain-x?

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i use mine mostly for mx but the extra vision you get is amazing cant see any frame at all i will def be using them at the upcoming gravity events i highly recommend them expensive yes but worth it changing lenses is so easy
Crim , do u know how does the race ready works ? .

dunndog

Eats Squid
If its simply more vision you're after, I bought some smith fuel v2's off torp7 for about $40, they are awesome. Bigger lens than most but don't look stupid big and no frame in sight, peripheral vision is very noticeably better.
I've always found Oakley products to be pure quality, but you gotta pay for them.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
race ready is just a roll off system attached and ready
Im hoping that the race ready system and the fact the lens is better on the Airbrake that as a wet riding goggle it will have far better vision than a standard goggle with tear offs .

Luke.Z

Likes Bikes
Used mine for a few weeks now. Much better vision and the rolloff system is so much more convenient than tearoffs. Haven't gotten anything under the rolloffs so far and they have the biggest roll off area i've seen on a goggle.

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Used mine for a few weeks now. Much better vision and the rolloff system is so much more convenient than tearoffs. Haven't gotten anything under the rolloffs so far and they have the biggest roll off area i've seen on a goggle.
Luke is the role off a permanent fixture to the goggle ? , there`s not allot of info on the goggle yet and im keen to get some . Any chance of some pics ?

Luke.Z

Likes Bikes
No it's not a permanent fixture. You can swap it with the tearoffs in a few minutes. I can get some photos when i get home if you want