Oaks single track pre opening - clean up/ ride/ gas bag - Sun May 25

DeBloot

Feeling old
Mods - I'm putting this in general discussion because not many look in the trail building section

Synergy (the crew responsible for Old Mans Valley Hornsby) have been given the task by NPWS to rebuild the Oaks single track
NPWS asked that keen MTB'ers turn up to lend a hand this last Sunday April 11 - 3 turned up!
Now it must be the poor communication because the last time I rode the oaks it was like freakin' George Street

So, with the single track getting ready for an opening, we need lots of riders/ supporters turning up on the final day, Sunday May 25
We will be spending a couple of hours perfecting, grooming, and finally riding the new trail (not to mention gas bagging and feeding our faces)
Synergy want all skill levels of riders represented on the day - kids, weekend warriors, women and elites

NPWS will be providing lunch, and Synergy will be making a promo video, so you may even get into the MTB hall of fame
And I may even divulge the whereabouts of some of the best single track in the upper mountains to those interested :gossip:

This is a great opportunity for people with no trail building experience to put in their 5% (5% of ride time spent digging/ maintaining/ putting back)
It's the culmination of lobbying and hard work by a few (I'm not one of them), so the least we can do is support it

Can I have a show of hands please :thumb:

ChopSticks

Banned
def keen to make an appearance !

any idea on time debloot?
where are we meeting? up in Woodford or down in Glenbrook? (assume its the ST at the end...so Glenbrook?)
Will the NPWS allow free parking for those volunteers? (only ridden the oakes once, but I understand its $$ to go into the park, down and up the gully to the car park?)

DeBloot

Feeling old
def keen to make an appearance !

any idea on time debloot?
where are we meeting? up in Woodford or down in Glenbrook? (assume its the ST at the end...so Glenbrook?)
Will the NPWS allow free parking for those volunteers? (only ridden the oakes once, but I understand its $$ to go into the park, down and up the gully to the car park?)
Nice one :thumb: And good questions - be good to meet you!

Meeting time is anytime from 9am and we'll be there most of the day
Entry is free if volunteering - details below and in the link http://bmorc.com/node/46658

We will be meeting and parking cars at the Glenbrook Helipad.
At the Toll booth let them know you are volunteering with the Mtb track Maintenance.
Follow the road across the causeway and up the other side. Continue past the Euroka and Mt Portal turn off.
In roughly 50m Turn Rright onto the Helipad access firetrail. Most commmonly the gate here would be closed but will be open for us on the day.

DeBloot

Feeling old
I will be meeting everyone at the carpark at the end of the sniggle between 9 and 9.30.
I will get my directions from there

This is what Synergy did at OMV

OMV.jpg

Last edited:

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon the best way to get to that point of trail, is to ride in from woodford to meet up with the trail crew. How does that sound Norm?

ChopSticks

Banned
I reckon the best way to get to that point of trail, is to ride in from woodford to meet up with the trail crew. How does that sound Norm?
Bahahahaha
Im up for it if you are.... Just don't expect me to leg it up the gully after the full Oakes trail and X hrs of shovelling !!!!

lets get more onto it so we can make a ride out of it too !!

ChopStir

Squid
Thanks Bloot for this post. Chopsticks, you google map link is correct.
This is at the Glenbrook end, so if you entering from the Woodford end, you will need to ride roughly 25km to meet up with us.

We are going to need a head count of who will be attending the day so National parks can supply the correct amount of food. The best way to do this is to click on the link bloot shared above and log in with your global riders username/pass (ie bmorc, nobmob, etc all share the same login access) and click the attending button down the bottom of the page. If you don't have a user account and dont want to create one, you can email us at contact@bmorc.com to let us know you will be coming.

This upcoming event is crucial not only for the Blue Mountains but also for all National parks in the state. We need to show we care and this track needs to be a success if we want more trails.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
I will be there with my best raking pants on

I also have multiple raking implements and other such equipment if required

DeBloot

Feeling old
I dont have a shovel/rake though... but have a set of hands, boots and a crook back :p
Doesn't matter mate, and thanks for organising some crew
A ride will be a definite
I've got stacks of tools and room in the car for 1 other back to Woodford if needed

Even if people just turn up for support and a ride and don't want to dig, it doesn't matter - we need a good head count
And if it's too much trouble to log in etc, just PM me or let me know here and we'll include you
or you can have one of my snags :)

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
I'll be there too! Always love a good ride and gas bag, especially when master DeBloot is around to part with some of his wisdom. :)

MARKL

Eats Squid
Thanks DeBloot for putting this up. I have lost count of the laps I have done of this track and more than happy to give a little back. I will try and get a few more to come along as well.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
When is the cut off for registering? I'd like to say I'll be there, but won't know until next Wed or Thur. Work.

DeBloot

Feeling old
When is the cut off for registering? I'd like to say I'll be there, but won't know until next Wed or Thur. Work.
Doesn't matter mate - no real need to register
I think it's just so they can provide enough food
Just turn up and Chuck will find a snag sambo for you from somewhere

natskis

Likes Bikes

Still recovering from a broken collarbone but will eat some concrete and HTFU.
Also will try and wrangle a few guys and see if we can get out there.

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Sounds like you've been out riding with Master Bloot or myself and maybe both if you were really lucky. :)

Just turn up on the day if you can, the more the merrier.
My rotorburn alter ego chuck, I talk more than you do! Can you guess who?

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk