Oaks single track pre opening - clean up/ ride/ gas bag - Sun May 25

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
No one talks more than Chuck on a ride, except for maybe Todd. But Chuck can ride and talk at the same time, Todd needs to stop......

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
My rotorburn alter ego chuck, I talk more than you do! Can you guess who?

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk
I have a good idea. :)

And you know what Chopper says, if the big guy is talking, then you're not riding hard enough.

trickbooter

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Relative newbie to Sydney hence little Rotorburn history...

I have a new bike on order as my last one is dead (I move house every time the sink gets full also ;)). Assuming that it is ready by this weekend would anyone be up for meeting up at Woodford and riding down?

If my bike doesn't turn up but someone is driving from Sydney to Glenbrook to the carpark at the bottom of the single track (I don't want to walk up/down that bloody creek) and wants to give me a lift I would also be up for helping out.

- If with bike, The Oaks trail head Woodford end at approx 1015 (I need to get up at 0615 to make it there)
- OR if without bike, anyone driving near Neutral Bay or City to Glenbrook carpark near the dig site and fancies giving me a lift...

Paul

ChopSticks

Banned
planning on parking at glenbrook, and training up to woodford, then ride back down with Ev, and Alex Dlugosch and possibly NoFearNick.
DeBloot, can you please rsvp for 3... possibly 4 :)

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Myself and a few mates will be riding in from woodford, and meeting the trail crew when we get there.
Aiming to get the 0754 train from glenbrook, and leaving woodford at 0830. Got 4 of us doing this at this stage.

Edit: see Norms post above, though add another 2 to his tally as my old man and another mate are coming too.

trickbooter

Likes Dirt
Myself and a few mates will be riding in from woodford, and meeting the trail crew when we get there.
Aiming to get the 0754 train from glenbrook, and leaving woodford at 0830. Got 4 of us doing this at this stage.

Edit: see Norms post above, though add another 2 to his tally as my old man and another mate are coming too.
0754 involves me being at Central at 0621. With a 30 minute ride to Central that probably isn't going to happen :)

Well hopefully I'll see some of you folks on the trail a bit later.

Paul

Alex Dlugosch

Likes Dirt
You can't take a train from Central anyway because there's track work
Saturday 24 May 2.00am to Monday 26 May 2.00am
Buses replace trains between Blacktown and Wynyard/Central.
Chopsticks, Nick said he wasn't coming. And yeah with the track work I'll need a ride or I can't go. I can come to you no problem, or something like that.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What time does this kick off? These days I much prefer building than riding to be honest.

Would be good to catch up with Adrian and the crew, the maintenance days at Hornsby aren't the same without them.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
What time does this kick off? These days I much prefer building than riding to be honest.

Would be good to catch up with Adrian and the crew, the maintenance days at Hornsby aren't the same without them.
Adrian and the synergy lads were at Hornsby yesterday doing a bit of work and riding. Maybe they are still on the maintenance contract?

Sent by courier pigeon

Chuckles Norris

Likes Dirt
Only recently started riding, bought a bike on here around 7 months ago, and can't wait to go to my first build day and meet some of the people I've been lurking around online!

My girlfriend is very keen to come as well but I guess we'll see how long it lasts.

DeBloot

Feeling old
anything in particular/tools that I should bring?
Not really Chuckles - maybe a rake if you have one
I'm taking my trusty rake hoe, shovels, and (sweeping) rake
So will have enough to share around

Where abouts do you live
I only ask because we could use someone as keen as you in the upper mountains :spy:

ChopSticks

Banned
haha I'm all the way down in West Pennant Hills.
I'm sure I can find a shovel or two and a rake lying around
Id happily give you a lift.... Live on Oakes road
so you can't be far!
however........ Any give your bike a lift.... Only room for 2 bikes and 5 people

Debloot
i don't have any tools
but will bring boots and gloves!!!!
still unsure of numbers! But min 4 + possibly another 2....+ chuck

DeBloot

Feeling old
Id happily give you a lift.... Live on Oakes road
so you can't be far!
however........ Any give your bike a lift.... Only room for 2 bikes and 5 people

Debloot
i don't have any tools
but will bring boots and gloves!!!!
still unsure of numbers! But min 4 + possibly another 2....+ chuck
Trail has been open for a week, so may not be much to do
maybe a sweep and tweak - so shaping shovels and rakes
Definitely bring bikes as I think they want feedback as well

Se ya'll Sunday

ChopSticks

Banned
Debloot,

do you know if the gates to the national park will be open any earlier than the usual time?

My plan is to park car inside national park, climb up gully with fresh legs and catch the 7:52am train from glenbrook to woodford... is that possible?
only doing that to save the slog up the gully AFTER the entire oakes trail/ST/maintenance/full belly :p