Official kentlyn thread

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Im doing the Sydney to W-gong ride this year, problem is I doubt ill be able to do the 90 k's on my DH bike, looking for a bike that can handle doing some XC stuff but able to get me through the sydney to gong ride as well.
I am thinking about a giant talon (yukon) or a GT avalanche expert, any suggestions? I have about $1000 to spend (So long as the wife doesnt find out LOL)
The GT Avalanche Expert consitantly rates highly by the mags that review. I would take it over the talon.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...Im doing the Sydney to W-gong ride this year, problem is I doubt ill be able to do the 90 k's on my DH bike...
I saw a guy last year on a DH bike. I rode past him somewhere around Thirroul and my immediate thought was WTF!!!!!

What ever bike you end up with make sure you put thin tyres on it.:)

I saw a guy last year on a DH bike. I rode past him somewhere around Thirroul and my immediate thought was WTF!!!!!

What ever bike you end up with make sure you put thin tyres on it.:)
Thanks mate lol,
Yeah im tossing up between getting a cheap dirt jumper or a Talon (as my budget just got cut in half! damn car rego!) and chucking some slicks on it for the ride then swapping it back to the knobby's. I think I can push the budget to about 850 bucks but that abut it F**K my life!

Thanks for your help guys,
I am now the proud owner of a Giant XTC 29'r I figured if its gonna be a daily ride might as well get something that will be worth while. CBG ill probably still be riding ith the guys on the DH bikes lol.
See you round Kentlyn, Rode Snakes and ladders o Sunday I think I have my new favorite trail! Love that hair pin Burm very nice!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Thanks for your help guys,
I am now the proud owner of a Giant XTC 29'r I figured if its gonna be a daily ride might as well get something that will be worth while. CBG ill probably still be riding ith the guys on the DH bikes lol.
See you round Kentlyn, Rode Snakes and ladders o Sunday I think I have my new favorite trail! Love that hair pin Burm very nice!
But did you do the rest of the track after the hair pin?? Don't know how a XTC 29'r will go doing that stuff:rolleyes:
Glad you like the track though. More work to come on it soon. Bigger is better:cool:

But did you do the rest of the track after the hair pin?? Don't know how a XTC 29'r will go doing that stuff:rolleyes:
Glad you like the track though. More work to come on it soon. Bigger is better:cool:
Haha Craig,
No I didnt ride it on the 29 er I have a 05 GT RUCKUS dually that I did it on. Yeah we rode most of the track mate really nice Im abit soft about hitting up the big ladder drops im sure one day when I have some annual leave stored up ill hit it up haha!
Very impressive keep up the good work!
P.S - Ive heard roumers there is a wall ride out there somewhere I havnt come across it yet or is it hidden for a reason?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Haha Craig,
No I didnt ride it on the 29 er I have a 05 GT RUCKUS dually that I did it on. Yeah we rode most of the track mate really nice Im abit soft about hitting up the big ladder drops im sure one day when I have some annual leave stored up ill hit it up haha!
Very impressive keep up the good work!
P.S - Ive heard roumers there is a wall ride out there somewhere I havnt come across it yet or is it hidden for a reason?
I think you're refering to this:

I built it in 2008 and pulled it down last December. It was where the ski jump to twin doubles are now. Was fun to ride too.

adtee23

Likes Bikes
very sandy out there today (when isn it) i guess... due to recent weather rain wind etc three of the signs were down and blown off course today which ive collected (diesel n dust, magic carpet, and road gap) and ive put them in the garbage bag if someone wants them back? but they were all ripped where they were nailed up and one was filled with sand and water like a balloon....

maybe wooden ones next time or sprayed stencils on metal would be more durable???

scuba05

Likes Dirt
maybe wooden ones next time or sprayed stencils on metal would be more durable???
Well your a...erm..."street artist" shall we say. Maybe get a bit of a graf going for a few signs? Maybe need to 'borrow' a few for sale signs for the corflute. Some drunken antics may be in need. But that would be irresponsible now wouldnt it.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Well your a...erm..."street artist" shall we say. Maybe get a bit of a graf going for a few signs? Maybe need to 'borrow' a few for sale signs for the corflute. Some drunken antics may be in need. But that would be irresponsible now wouldnt it.
Spoken like a true Campbelltown boy :p:D
Some more signs like the wooden one on Snakes & Ladders would be good. "Hint, Hint" to whoever made that one.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
So...getting the girls out for a ride has proven somewhat difficult.

Anyone interested in riding Kentlyn on this Saturday afternoon?