Official kentlyn thread

romy

Likes Dirt
New line cut in at the end of Crank it Left. Chuck a right instead of going between the rocks towards the end after the rock garden, will take you across the face down a rollover and across a bridge and then join back on the trail. More technical than fast. Cheers to Beaves and Andrew for the help.

Hi guys who is up for helping out with some maintenance on some the dh runs when the weather starts to cool down. Been going up there a bit lately. Would be grateful if people who used the trails also cleaned them and maintained them. Any thoughts??

Cheers guys

romy

Likes Dirt
Was at Kentlyn on Sunday, Great to see some maintenance on the DH runs! looking good BEAVES!

Hi guys who is up for helping out with some maintenance on some the dh runs when the weather starts to cool down. Been going up there a bit lately. Would be grateful if people who used the trails also cleaned them and maintained them. Any thoughts??

Cheers guys

drew12341

Likes Bikes
The work is looking good on the trails guys!
Side note - does anyone know what happened to the sandbags I stashed at the end of the rock-hop? I flatted first run yesterday so thought I'd spend some time filling sandbags and building up the berms, but they're gone. No major, I just hope they are being used elsewhere on the track or moved.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Cheers guys
Hi Beaves101,

Nice to meet you today. Good to see you guys working on the trails.

Cheers,
Michael (CBG).

Last edited:

U-BOAT 84

Cannon Fodder

Cheers guys
Hey beaves
Doing anything tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) what to go out and fix some more tracks?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Yep CBG, saw my first Red Belly on The Rock Trail yesterday for the season.
He wasn't that interested in me so I sped past.
Trail is in good condition.

J.P

Cannon Fodder
Yep, a lot of snakes out now, especially Kessell Run in camden. I was riding out at kentlyn this week and there were a bunch of surveyors around the Rock trail. They said they we're redefining fence lines. I hope that's not a bad sign of things to come.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Fence Line

Spoke to Campbelltown Council who know nothing. They are sending out Rangers to check.

Those guys hacked down around 100 small trees for no apparent reason.
If they were to refence they would restrict the wildlifes' movement there.
And very much the movement of MTB/Running /Walking etc. in the area.

Council will be getting back to me this week about it. Will pass it on.

BTW: these guys have left some trees cut off at knee height and are very dangerous (of impalement) at around 1.2kms in, on The Rock Trail.
I will fix but don't want to be seen with a saw in there. My theory is, if a tree is in the way, go around the tree and leave it there.

Last edited:

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Not good Bob, I would say it's a neighbour checking their fencing aligns with their boundary line, if they wish to extend it they will be required to put in a DA. As for the surveyors hacking down trees, there is no excuse for that, take some photos of the affected area's and forward them on the councils tree preservation officer.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
G'day Suchislife, not a neighbour as it is on State Recreation Area land.

The only neighbour there is the last on right, with the tennis court and he didn't even know they were in there, cutting down trees. Done with small axe.

J.P. said he spoke to the guys and they were redefining the fence line. But for what reason?

One of the other neighbours said he has seen the Police MTB Training on The Rock Trail. So lets hope it is too much of an asset now to lose.

The Fenceline is from the 1920s-40s, when the area was given to returning soldiers to farm.

Last edited:

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
I guess we will just have to wait and see if anything happens, I couldn't imagine why they would bother fencing within there boundary?

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well this is an interesting turn of events. I will try and get out and have a look for myself.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the state gov is checking the boundaries of the Reserve area. Checking the SIX maps doesn't really help as the Reserve area is not defined which makes me think this could be the reason for the survey. On the SIx maps there is a lot after the last house on the right and looking at its' boundaries it looks like the spot Bob described. Maybe the edge of this lot abuts the Reserve area and this is the boundary being defined.

Chopping down trees seems very heavy handed, a few pegs would have done the job.

Will be interesting to find out what's really happening.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Michael, the line of cut trees follows the old fenceline and you could start at the entrance to The Rock Trail as there is a Pink ribbon on the left and goes North East from there right through the bush.