Official kentlyn thread

ChopSticks

Banned
Hi Chops,

Did you try those 2 huge doubles in the middle track? Last time I was there I chickened out.

Dan.
double?........ I heard theres a DH side of kentlyn... would it be that track? We did the xc? track that started at a dead end.
the only knarly bit of the trail was a drop off (no roll down) immediately after climbing up to a rock platform(3 different lines going up). I'm sure mtboer can confirm?

ChopSticks

Banned
Hi Chops,

Yeah I'm talking about the DH stuff at top of the fire trail to the right. There's some pretty big doubles there. This is what could happen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIzr0wcSDNQ

Dan.
Nahhh didnt ride the DH stuff.... so no gaps/nothing crazy (only that drop I spoke of)
not usually one to get air time... but keen to check it out and see how long it is real life!

(the guy who posted the video is responsible for ALOT of the work you see in LP)

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Chops, Maxpowers is talking about the ridge to the left of the Road gate we were at, at the end of Boronia Rd.

Where you go through the Gate and then turn right at the T Junction (KN 1.13) to go to start of The Rock Trail.
Turn Left instead and ride to the top of the hill and turn into the bush to a clear area (start of all the DH).
Lots of short DH runs to explore and Gaps etc..

There is more XC on the South side of Peter Meadows Road. It is called BENDI Track about 2-3 kms long, and lots of more XC riding in between.

ChopSticks

Banned
Chops, Maxpowers is talking about the ridge to the left of the Road gate we were at, at the end of Boronia Rd.

Where you go through the Gate and then turn right at the T Junction (KN 1.13) to go to start of The Rock Trail.
Turn Left instead and ride to the top of the hill and turn into the bush to a clear area (start of all the DH).

There is more XC on the South side of Peter Meadows Road. It is called BENDI Track about 2-3 kms long, and lots of more XC riding in between.

sweet !!!! looks like I definitely have to go back to check out the rest!!!

hopefully go back in a fortnight!

Luco

Likes Dirt

Oh yeah! The only reason to go to kentlyn !! So many different lines and incredible features! Best place to learn doubles IMO as they're some little ones to grow your balls on.
Thanks to all who maintain and work on Kentlyn x 1000 :D

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Just rode The Rock Trail at night and it was very quiet and eerie. The 3 dogs at the end of Boronia are now gone.

Rode it with my 13 yr old daughter and she loved it. Very different at night.

Didn't get to see the Minto Monster.

Just rode The Rock Trail at night and it was very quiet and eerie. The 3 dogs at the end of Boronia are now gone.

Rode it with my 13 yr old daughter and she loved it. Very different at night.

Didn't get to see the Minto Monster.
You're insane hahaha I don't know if I could ever do that.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Night riding around Kentlyn is great. It is so different at night, you really have to be very attentive and watch out for the big spider webs. I have never done the Rock Trail at night though, reckon it would be fun.

J.P

Cannon Fodder
I ride the rock trail yesterday. Some dick has put logs and boulders over the track and torn down the little signs. Only the first 1 km or so was affected. Be careful

J.P

Cannon Fodder
I rode the ROCK TRAIL yesterday. Some dick has put big rocks and logs over the track. it only affects the first 1km or so. I cleared some but theres still more. Be careful

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Didn't ride the first part of the trail last night, but will check it out tomorrow morning.

I have a baseball bat I can lend that guy. I think I'll give it to him around the head.

Thanks for the info. I'll fix it up.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Thanks JP , all cleaned up now. Nasty bit of work, that Vandal.
I can see where you fixed it up to ride, good work.
Keep an eye out for the next few weeks, just in case he returns.
I've got about the next 30 years up there, I think he'll get tired.
Bob

Alex Dlugosch

Likes Dirt
Chops, here is everything just so you know what's out there :p
There's even more that isn't shown; the DH trails we've been talking about are on the first image (same one as Rock Trail). One of the trails that goes from the 5 ways junction (the start of the DH trails) is Crankin which is marked on the map. Crankin actually has a right and a left trail.

Hop onto OpenCycle maps to check it all out!

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 79
  • 0 bytes Views: 76

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey CBG, saw a 4ft Black near the end of The Rock Trail this morning.
He wasn't anywhere that I saw this afternoon. Plenty of kids had been riding the track though. I could tell from all of the skids through every slightly downhill or flat corner.