Official kentlyn thread

mtboer

Likes Dirt
We joined it on from rollercoaster, which is only about 70m of trail.
So yeah we did start it from scratch, only the 2 of us took us about 3 months to do.

And you did a ripper of a job. I love it and the friends I've taken there love it too.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
100% correct Bob.....
yeahyeah, i should of not only stopped and said hello , i should
of brought you a double decaf soy mocha latte with a twist of lemon.....:pound:

Jado

Likes Dirt
Over giant Rock "A"-line on Rocky Trail

Hey Lads

I want to ask the long time Kentlyn locals about an "A" line on Rock Trail....I have ridden rock trail over 100 times in the lat 12 months but new to the place before that. There is one potential A line that to be honest didn't know existed, and I've followed dozens of riders around there who only ride A lines and never did anyone do this line. So my thoughts are its a additional techy challenging line but not part of the original Rock Trail A-lines ride.

Its not clearly marked by any means (in my opinion as I have never noticed it in all of my rides there) and looking at a video from 2012 it seems to be covered by branches and scrub - so I'm suggesting it may have been made after 2012 maybe??

It's about 1/2 to 2/3 around the full trail I guess, and it is after a series of a-line rolling drops, the culmination is (normally for me) dropping into a big rolling drop between two massive rocks - then it climbs back up and there's two descents and loops before it climbs back to the plateau and heads home.

I have cued up this you tube I found and the next stage after starting from this point you can see the rolling drop between two massive rocks. So the suggested "A" line is before you drop into that rolling drop; you would need to break right and roll right over the top of the big rock on the right hand side. To me, it doesn't seem right that this line is part of Rock Trails A lines, it seems to be something added in the last couple of years and not to be included in timed laps of Rock Trail.

Do you guys know what I'm talking about? Am I right, is it newish and not part of the normal A-lines?

https://youtu.be/shHMWmoRgpE?t=5m49s

Thanks!

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bendi descent closed due to rock fall !!!!!!

Gentlemen,

Had a very close call today whilst doing a maintenance walk around the Bendi area.

Coming back up the Bendi descent I put my hand on a part of the cliff face and it moved. Thought I was dreaming so gave the rock a little push and down came a boulder off the cliff face. Jumped out of the way but the boulder managed to remove the skin off both knees. Very close call. I tried moving the boulder but it is way to big for one person to move.

Bendi descent is closed till I can work out a way to get the boulder out of the way.

2015-12-28 16.46.52.jpg

2015-12-28 16.48.57.jpg

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can the rock be repositioned so that it becomes a feature? Maybe with that large flat rock in front as a ramp onto it?

Is this the descent heading towards PM Rd or the other end?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Comic Book Guy and Crank1979

I'm heading up there with some weapons and my daughter on her FATBOY to have a look.

It is on the descent after BENDI toward Peter Meadows

Hope your legs are okay CBG (bloody bushwalkers causing a mess)

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can the rock be repositioned so that it becomes a feature? Maybe with that large flat rock in front as a ramp onto it?
I was thinking about this last night. It's a big rock. Don't think a ramp would do the trick as right after it is an existing roll down. May be able to redirect track around to the right of it. Most likely outcome is to just try and push the rock down the hill a bit till it is out of the way.

Hope your legs are okay CBG
Yeah they are OK. The lip of the rock scrapped down over my knees as I jumped out of the way. If I hadn't been quick enough I could have ended up under it and then I would really have been in the shit.

(bloody bushwalkers causing a mess)
LOL.

Will try to get out there soon to have a go at moving it. Scary to think that when you looked at the rock it seemed so solid but it was so easy to dislodge. It could have given way at anytime.

Cheers,
CBG.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
geez cbg,your a strong bugger. ...
with rock shifting like that, we could do with you out at Mill Creek....
hope you heal up quickly.....

mtboer

Likes Dirt
You must have already moved it. So I just did a bit of clean up while my daughter rode BENDI a couple of times.
Said she loves BENDI

Jado

Likes Dirt
Two Bridges out on 6 Bridges loop

The storm dropped 50mm on Minto/Ingleburn last night ina couple of hours, knocked out these two bridges. But that said the trails are in superb shape considering that amount of water.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Dippo

Squid
Fixed a couple of the bridges on the 6 bridges track this morning.
They got washed out after last night heavy rain.
All good now.

Dippo

Squid
Interesting that photo's were taken of the bridges but not fixed.
Didn't require to much effort to fix them.

Last edited:

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Was out there this morning for a run, checked them both out and are running well thanks to Dippo.
Good to see there's other riders out there that help out!

Jado

Likes Dirt
Interesting that photo's were taken of the bridges but not fixed.
Didn't require to much effort to fix them.
Good on ya for fixing them Dippo, but mate your lucky there were photos taken at all, i was doing it as a courtesy - moments before my wife called and i was needed at home urgently, but thinking of the Kentlyn crew i took these pictures. I posted them early morning Tuesday but it takes a day for them to appear because Rotoburn changed their settings, because I'm under 20 posts my new posts are going for verification.

And so you know Dippo, before the call from home, i cleared two largish fallen trees and dug a drain for a pooled area. I regularly stop and contributing track maintenance.

Cheers

Jason