Official kentlyn thread

DT's

Likes Bikes
"its alive"...i thought this thread was dead and burried. I try to get out there 3 times a week at the moment, so if anyones keen for company on an xc ride let me know. I know Newts is keen to get onto the hardtail.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail - Kentlyn

Great ride around Kentlyn this afternoon. The Rock Trail is brilliant as always but is now even longer. I think it's about 4km all up just on that trail, great stuff! The builder has been in there and not only extended the trail, but put up some signage on different sections. If you are reading this and Byrne's Hill is named after me, you are a cruel, cruel man! :p My current level of fitness meant that I was stuffed by that stage, but hitting a section with my name on it I had to ride it. I got up cleanly but it hurt. Next time I'll try it in reverse.

There were a few motos out this afternoon too. I was behind them a bit on the singletrack between PM Rd and Darling Ave where they'd managed to skid or try and roost ever corner. The Bendi Track was in good nick too.

I didn't see any snakes. :D
Yes 'BYRNE HILL' is named after you. It might be a little tough, but so are you.
COMIC BOOK GUY is the same CBG on this Forum.
JACQUIS' GARDEN is Jacqui Kennett , our own local gal, WORLD 24 HOUR SOLO Champion 2010 ( Women 35 yrs ).
DANIELS DROP is Daniel McDonald who just competed in the World Junior X-C Champs.
THE ROCK is Denis Sharrock. Marathon Runner and Enduro MTB Rider & the Captain of the Kentlyn Warriors.
The Trail is now 5kms long.
A bit more Hole in the Wall in Winter 2012 and some more on the entry creek. The moving sticks scare me at the moment.
Some new Joeys in the Wallaby Family @ The Rock Trail.
Enjoy the Trail Guys.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes 'BYRNE HILL' is named after you. It might be a little tough, but so are you.
COMIC BOOK GUY is the same CBG on this Forum.
JACQUIS' GARDEN is Jacqui Kennett , our own local gal, WORLD 24 HOUR SOLO Champion 2010 ( Women 35 yrs ).
DANIELS DROP is Daniel McDonald who just competed in the World Junior X-C Champs.
THE ROCK is Denis Sharrock. Marathon Runner and Enduro MTB Rider & the Captain of the Kentlyn Warriors.
The Trail is now 5kms long.
A bit more Hole in the Wall in Winter 2012 and some more on the entry creek. The moving sticks scare me at the moment.
Some new Joeys in the Wallaby Family @ The Rock Trail.
Enjoy the Trail Guys.
Great work! :D

Newts

Likes Dirt
Destroyed

Just to let everyone know to take caution whilst riding the freeride section of Kentlyn. All of the shore work has been sawn in half and broken. Trying to work out how many gaps have been pulled apart. The jump after road gap has been pulled apart. More updates as we explore

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is the woodwork obviously broken or has it been cut and left to look okay to ride? I'll be out there tomorrow for the XC stuff. I'm hoping there's no damage to anything on those netwroks either.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just to let everyone know to take caution whilst riding the freeride section of Kentlyn. All of the shore work has been sawn in half and broken. Trying to work out how many gaps have been pulled apart. The jump after road gap has been pulled apart. More updates as we explore
Thanks Newts.

I'll warn anyone I see to exercise caution.

Cheers,
CBG.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Completely screwed. Electric saw, knocked over and slices 3/4 through some of the frame work. I have photos cant work out how to transfer. Crank it was ok.

DT's

Likes Bikes
Completely screwed. Electric saw, knocked over and slices 3/4 through some of the frame work. I have photos cant work out how to transfer. Crank it was ok.
saw Newts out there today and yes the place is trashed. just went for a 25 k ride in kentlyn and its not a pretty sight. Basicly anything made out of a pallet has been cut into pieces. Crank it to the left is safe to ride but forget the right hand run. Snakes and ladders ladder work is destroyed. Take care when riding and check all man made work. The rock trail is not effected and is safe. Looks like the work of the crazy russian, dont know if it was the council, I guess time will tell.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Fuck that damn crazy russian!! He's the one that pulled down all our freeride track and made a massive fire with the wood, his words were "im a born again christian"... pretty sure downhill/freeride is dead these days anyway, xc all the way!

steel ribs

Likes Dirt
Fuck that damn crazy russian!! He's the one that pulled down all our freeride track and made a massive fire with the wood, his words were "im a born again christian"... pretty sure downhill/freeride is dead these days anyway, xc all the way!
Highly doubt DH / FR is dead. Those sections where the only good parts in Kentlyn.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
its dead! only thing that runs downhill in kentlyn is maybe the creek and most of the time its not even flowwing, the xc stuff is amazing though!

Newts

Likes Dirt
its dead! only thing that runs downhill in kentlyn is maybe the creek and most of the time its not even flowwing, the xc stuff is amazing though!
It not that its dead, it's just we have all run out of time to spend hours on end riding the trails.
Bloody commitments.

After realising the free time that I don't have now, I am investing my time in looking for the AM bike (as you saw) Just need a budget, a timeline for saving and deciding what I need - 5' or 6' of travel.

DT's

Likes Bikes
I mainly do xc but still ride road gap,cannonball,crank it left / right on a regular basis. The right hand crank it run was a favourite with the ladder roll down behind the large rock (which wasnt cut up but moved lower so that youd have a nasty surprise) and then the ladder step down into the berm and small drop off and its really pissed me off that its been destroyed. How long ago was it that the Russian had his last fit of madness? whoever it was has even cut the wheel barrow up.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Here's a dumb question. Who is the crazy Russian?
the name says it all, he's just some dude that collects rubbish and burns it.
He also thinks all the man amde structures that we built are all dangerous and can kill someone.
DT's - myself and a mate built 'Crank it to the right', glad to hear its still up and running!

From a source at Campbelltown Council, they were responsible for the destruction and didn't bother to remove it due to RFS burning off in a couple of weeks.

Newts

Likes Dirt
From a source at Campbelltown Council, they were responsible for the destruction and didn't bother to remove it due to RFS burning off in a couple of weeks.
If anyone has ridin out there over the past week, XC or FR can you confirm if they have knocked down the jumps/gaps etc?

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
I spoke to a Region Controller from the RFS yesterday at work, and she tells me they are starting to back burn this weekend off Boronia.
So might not be a good weeekend to go riding out there!