Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I often close my eyes and reminisce the time you showed me a surprise behind the bush
You know I think I'm gonna have to find some new riding buddies. I think you've been spending too much time the Elliot's golf with he and Lang.....

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
You know I think I'm gonna have to find some new riding buddies. I think you've been spending too much time the Elliot's golf with he and Lang.....
Lol! Hey, there were 3 of you in Dave's ute, I think that's more suss than anything!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Back on the topic at hand....
It's gonna be a busy one out there today, already seen half a dozen bikes on cars heading in and out of Hornsby area. HOping there are no more closures for a while, I don't think we will see enough rain over this weekend to warrant it. Thinking I might shoot home and grab a camera... Eager to ride probably means a bit more action taking place as riders burn the wet weather out of the system!

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Well, I'm just saying, you all seemed pretty relaxed after such a long drive to Stromlo…

Whatever, it was late :cell: I'm in the city this arvo anyway!

T-Ride

Squid
Hi guys - I'm planning on heading out to the trails this weekend for the first time. Are there any other trails within close distance of these or would it be possible to hit some dirt/fire trail close by to break up what I can tell are around 3km of trails at OMV? Cheers

markb84

Likes Dirt
Hi guys - I'm planning on heading out to the trails this weekend for the first time. Are there any other trails within close distance of these or would it be possible to hit some dirt/fire trail close by to break up what I can tell are around 3km of trails at OMV? Cheers
You'll struggle to get bored with the OMV loop, there's sections of different level riding (green/blue/black) and the trails are so fun, you can just keep going round improving on your previous laps and getting used to the trail. I could happily spend a whole day out there if I wasn't so unfit!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
So my plan of talking up how busy it would be seem to have worked, a decent number of riders there this arvo from 1 til 7 but nowhere near what I was expecting after all the rain closures. Trail is running really nice with the new changes down in the cranberry sauce section. It's a touch faster and smoother. My wife had her first ride there on the green loop and loved it. She did 11km and it feeling much more confident on her bike in the dirt (she rides it to work everyday but on the road) got her a few nice pics so she was stoked!

Last edited:

Mountain Tamer

Likes Bikes
If you want a bit extra you could do the quarry rd (dural) firetrail. When I ride OMV- I start at the end of Quarry rd (dural), and through the valley to hornsby, then a coupl e of k's on the road to OMV, do a few laps, then head back. I find it is a good combination of fitness and fun. The trail is super fast on the downs with tons of jumps, and the uphills will have you needing a defib!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Good day at the trail again today, had a nice chat with a bloke riding a nice new 2013 specialized enduro, hope you enjoyed the ride mate if your on here. Would love to smash a lap on an enduro there one day!
In other news the trail was not too busy, about a dozen riders lapping around. Was about to head home when the most unusual thing occurred best explained by a pic

Took off in pursuit and caught up at the logride. Carbon roadie guy was just having a laugh. We chatted for a bit and took a few pics if him further along for proof.

Also witnessed a few offs by various riders which made for an eventful day.

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Also witnessed a few offs by various riders which made for an eventful day.

Ya would have had some laugh and entertainment if you were there yesterday.... I spent more time upside down in the bush than riding the trail!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Ya would have had some laugh and entertainment if you were there yesterday.... I spent more time upside down in the bush than riding the trail!
I noticed a few fresh tyre tracks heading through the loose stuff on the sides of turkey royale and cranberry sauce today. I'm guessing a few riders have been hitting the anchors only to shoot straight off a corner. There were a few loose rocks we encountered on the first lap and I thought to myself, next lap ill clear those... It was too late. As we came around the last corner of cranberry sauce just after the rock hit there was a rider down in the gully on a norco 29er who had more than likely seen the rocks and tried to dodge them only to find his newly picked line sent him OTB into oblivion. We stopped to make sure he was ok and put the debris back in its place. Looked like someone had crashed earlier and just left everything as is. It's already kind of a blind corner so with a few unsteady looking blokes out there today we though it best to tidy it up.

I think a few of those remote cameras they use for capturing wildlife would
be a laugh to see... Keep them in the bush off some it the trouble corners and catch the wayward riders going bush ;)

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
out there this morning and picked up what looked like the remains of beer bottles from a couple of places on the track. Another rider said there was heaps more glass there on the weekend. Someone must be making an effort to do this as it wasn't in spots near the road, you'd have to be walking the tracks to drop it there.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
out there this morning and picked up what looked like the remains of beer bottles from a couple of places on the track. Another rider said there was heaps more glass there on the weekend. Someone must be making an effort to do this as it wasn't in spots near the road, you'd have to be walking the tracks to drop it there.
Seen that on Sunday, on the way towards the exit under the buildings on the last part of the trail before you meet the fire road.

I didnt notce it on the last run around a couple of weeks ago.

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
have to head to shellharbour for work at about lunch... should be at omv round 5.. will be on a white Trek with glue grips! say gday if you see me!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
have to head to shellharbour for work at about lunch... should be at omv round 5.. will be on a white Trek with glue grips! say gday if you see me!
This gets back to the old thread that we need a secret handshake or some shit. So many times have Ibeen riding with people I have been talking to for years withoug knowing who they are. I may be out tomorrow so ill keep an eye out for you. It is Friday though so drinking may take priorityl