Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

ChopSticks

Banned
This was just a huge debate with tempers going way beyond decency about OMV. The common factor in both of these incidents is that COMMON SENSE was not used. Both people apologised but we should only forgive chops ??
Considering that Chops said people tires should be slashed for riding closed trails, I see this as a very relevant thing to be talking about. One internet bully deserves another.

If 2hos doesn't exist, OMV doesn't exist, if you don't respect one, you don't respect the other. Ask one of the "leaders" of the teams next build day at OMV, they'll let you know about 2hos.

Fair enough.... Tai can throw a stick in my spokes and you can slash my tyres? Alternatively, can you suggest something that I haven't already. (ie maintenance day)
as I explained to Tai my reasons for riding, I am more than happy to help out. Bully all you like, its the internet and I wont lose sleep over it.... unless you actually slash my tires :(

btw...what does '2hos' stand for? I noticed a heap of strava segments named H[SUB]2[/SUB]O xxxxxx xxxxx etc.

Also, all the maintenance regulars or anyone able to talk to snorc and concerning parties...... you might need to update the local rangers.
When we parked our cars at the oval, a few people came and said the ranger from Hornsby MBT told them the track (hornsby) was closed and to ride down at Westleigh instead.... which might also explain why there were over 20 people riding there..... one of those riders must be a regular (lime Mach 5.7 carbon with lime cables) as he was flying through there.

apologies for the lack of common sense on the day. Stinky1138, please tell me what I can do to make things right :)

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
It's where you were riding. *edited for secrecy sake, no dig no ride* I was trying to not very subtley say go to a build day at OMV and talk to the organizers there, they can tell you about the build days at 2hos.
I haven't ridden either track in quite a while so someone else knows better than I about the schedule

Last edited:

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How does one check that OMV is open (or closed) - apart from the orange fence accross the track which still isn't enough for some halfwits to understand! - is there an interweb link?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Do you mean the trails for stage 2? It's started, every build day they do a bit more cutting in of trail and clearing etc

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's the status on the back sections? Probably not going to make by 2013 as mentioned on the sign?
Still waiting on the tender process to be sorted and find out who gets to build it. Hopefully it will stay with synergy, we have been cutting in new sections but it has changed a couple of times.

stickso

Likes Dirt
Rode OMV for the first time today with a couple of mates and we're seriously impressed with the quality and variety There. It's like the best bits of Manly Dam plus some fast flown sections all concentrated into a fun lap.

I took my new 27.5" Anthem not realizing how rocky it would be but had no issues. Will probably take my Reign next time but I'm amazed what the Anthem will take.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode OMV for the first time today with a couple of mates and we're seriously impressed with the quality and variety There. It's like the best bits of Manly Dam plus some fast flown sections all concentrated into a fun lap.

I took my new 27.5" Anthem not realizing how rocky it would be but had no issues. Will probably take my Reign next time but I'm amazed what the Anthem will take.
Are you implying you think it's a rough track? I ride it on my hardtail and my forks barely work and I have no trouble! It's actually quite a groomed track!

stickso

Likes Dirt
When carrying speed through some sections, especially the lower black run I was using all of my 4" of travel. So yeah some bits are a bit rough & rocky which is great. Maybe you're a much smoother rider than me :)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I also ride it on a hardtail. I'm probably not as fast as most guys, but when you link it up and get your lines right it feels oh so good! :thumb:
Still get arm pump after a few laps. Keep riding your Anthem, or take the Reign and go big :) Its all good fun on any bike.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just read that dirtart has the contract for stage 2. Judging by what I've seen them build around the country this is exciting news!

T.3

Likes Dirt
If they tendered for it I cant help but feel disappointed for Synergy after all the hard work these guys put into the local scene, officially and unofficially, paid and unpaid.

No disrespect to Dirt Art, there stuff does look amazing and i'm sure they wont disappoint.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
If they tendered for it I cant help but feel disappointed for Synergy after all the hard work these guys put into the local scene, officially and unofficially, paid and unpaid.

No disrespect to Dirt Art, there stuff does look amazing and i'm sure they wont disappoint.
Yeah, I was hoping they would get it too, with any luck though more Sydney councils will get behind formal trails giving them more opportunity to show their skills! I know they have been around for a long time behind the scene, many of my favourite trails being crafted at different synergy crew hands.

At the same time a different flavour to the trail will be interesting. Gonna be fun no matter who builds it and maybe the synergy crew will pick up an ongoing maintenance role paid by the council.

Last edited: