Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Yep what willsy said, it's to stop the locals getting annoyed, was one of the stipulations for approval. There are a few on the climb out who would cop lights in the windows. Plus noise at night would be a lot more noticeable. That said I hope one day it does become a reality, even just for special events or something.

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A mate of mine lives in that house exactly opposite the fire trail gate - I'll have to ask what he thinks on weekends out of interest. Cracker spot to live if you ride!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
man the trail is riding so sweet right now! the changes made at the work day are fantastic and gives the southside a much similar feeling to the lower blue sections with better flow and more grin factor. the surface is super tacky too after the recent rain and the damage done by the clowns who rode during the closure was not too drastic. Myself, Doctrdan and his mate Dave rode until just before dark and the trail was still navigable even with my dark glasses at 5:45pm. There was a cop car doing the rounds too, but not sure what that was about.
Boon Squad was there too fanging around, wish i had a 1/4 of the skill!

Last edited:
Glass Northside

Lots of glass on the northside single track xc section, especialy the uphill section that runs below the TAFE and just prior to the last board walk .

poita

Likes Dirt
Was hoping to ride OMV tomorrow for the first time... Currently raining, is it always closed after rain or is an assessment made after each rainy period based on actual track conditions?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Was hoping to ride OMV tomorrow for the first time... Currently raining, is it always closed after rain or is an assessment made after each rainy period based on actual track conditions?
Are you local poita? It depends on the volume of rain. the other day it rained a little bit and wasn't closed, so someone would have assessed it and not changed the status. At the moment the radar shows rain south of pennant hills and north of hawksbury so not sure if omv will be hit at all. Just check the twitter feed in the morning.

poita

Likes Dirt
Are you local poita? It depends on the volume of rain. the other day it rained a little bit and wasn't closed, so someone would have assessed it and not changed the status. At the moment the radar shows rain south of pennant hills and north of hawksbury so not sure if omv will be hit at all. Just check the twitter feed in the morning.
Not local, came down from newy for other stuff and was hoping to squeeze a ride in! Gotta catch the train up there and didn't want to go in vain.

Will check the website in the morning and hope!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's absolutely tipping down here atm and have had a few heavy downpours. I would say the track will be closed, even if they don't update the website etc in time.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Yep twitter feed updated an hour ago, definitely closed, man that was some heavy rain this morning. It's just the Kids on school holidays I'm concerned about now. Regardless of closure signs I feel some will ride anyway.

poita

Likes Dirt
was looking so good until about midnight :grumpy

oh well, heres hoping its dry, open and not too destroyed by school kids when i'm around next time!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
was looking so good until about midnight :grumpy

oh well, heres hoping its dry, open and not too destroyed by school kids when i'm around next time!

hit me up next time your in town, i can pick you up at the station or something and go for a few laps.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Been told riders were on the southside today, claiming it was open. Not sure if they rode the lower trail. How hard it it for people to realize?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Been told riders were on the southside today, claiming it was open. Not sure if they rode the lower trail. How hard it it for people to realize?
Ignorance can justify stupidity for some people! If someone can't decide for themselves if a trail is too wet to sustain riding, I dread to think of the other 'important' decisions in life they get wrong! Idiots!

doctr-dan

Likes Bikes
This was the sign that means the southern side is open even though the north side is closed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366099540.341972.jpg

I don't know seems to still read closed to me.
There was a couple that I saw and they weren't kids, mid to late 30s, shaved head, accent of some sort driving one if those proton jumbuck utes.

You're a real legend mate and showing a great example for the younger guy with you.

ChopSticks

Banned
I honestly think 'Naming & Shaming' is the best deterrent

A photo of their car/no.plate and preferably their face & bike posted on a "Name and Shame" board next to the trail head sign would be AWESOME !!!!