Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm planning on heading down for the race too. How much space have you got in the tarago lang? I can take the forester.. Which fits 3 people and 3 disassembled bikes.

Langers

Likes Bikes
I'm planning on heading down for the race too. How much space have you got in the tarago lang? I can take the forester.. Which fits 3 people and 3 disassembled bikes.
Haha lucky I checked rotorburn today, I have similar amount of room, probably 3 disassembled bikes and 4 people, haven't tried more than two though. If someone has a rack could fit more bikes.

Here's the race link http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/Rollercoaster-overview.html 28th July

debeer

Likes Dirt
Canberra sat

Seems there are a few takers, the ladies thing seems to be an arvo thing according to the website. Ill wait and see how much I CBF during the week and subsequently make a call about making the trek down.

I'd not mind riding some DH, Lang?

Langers

Likes Bikes
Seems there are a few takers, the ladies thing seems to be an arvo thing according to the website. Ill wait and see how much I CBF during the week and subsequently make a call about making the trek down.

I'd not mind riding some DH, Lang?
Always keen for dh! :)

crosser

Likes Dirt
It's school holidays again and some maleducati took it upon themselves to remove the storm fencing on Quarry Road and have a little private ride. I saw four or five teenagers on expensive duallies at the gate and told them it wasn't cool to ride after the biblical rain we've had, but clearly the message didn't sink in and my guess is that they they're out there now tearing it up.

I mean, even the fire roads are sopping wet!

I know this subject has been covered above, and that most everyone here follows the rules, but I am beginning to think it's time for Council to fine a few of these miscreants and let the word go forth on their various social networks that riding in the wet has consequences for them rather than just those of us who have to repair the mess they leave behind.

I know it's a minority who disregard the rules, but these people make me wonder why we bother. It seems very far from the cool, mellow MTB community I grew up with.

Shtark

Squid
Positively identifying culprits can be difficult (I imagine photos of parked cars would be thrown out as circumstantial and photos of people would possibly require more work for council that they consider it's worth) but I would definitely like to see people fined by council where they can be identified. The trail is a council owned facility and although it doesn't require a booking like a regular sports ground, I don't see why that should stop people being fined the same as they would be for using and damaging a closed sports field, especially given how clearly the trail is signposted as closed.

crosser

Likes Dirt
Positively identifying culprits can be difficult (I imagine photos of parked cars would be thrown out as circumstantial and photos of people would possibly require more work for council that they consider it's worth) but I would definitely like to see people fined by council where they can be identified. The trail is a council owned facility and although it doesn't require a booking like a regular sports ground, I don't see why that should stop people being fined the same as they would be for using and damaging a closed sports field, especially given how clearly the trail is signposted as closed.
I think if a Council ranger hung out by the trailhead (hiding behind bushes perhaps) on a day like today (sunny day after rain, school holidays) there would be a good chance of catching somebody red-handed, that is, brown-tired.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
All it would take is a ranger to park down the street and all the track in reverse,, then start writing tickets :) only issue is can they fine someone under 18?

camzh

Likes Dirt
Maybe they could just park at the head of the trail...
Tell people that if they ride it they might cop a ticket.

Then the track doesnt actually get damaged...

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
FFS whats wrong with these muppets, im sure they dont show on work days thats for sure. Fines really do need to handed out just to get the message around that its not on. yes it council owned but its maintained by a dedicated crew of volunteers and synergy trails guys.

If its not a fine, How's a bat to legs sound? See how much pedaling you can do with a broken femur!

ChopSticks

Banned
i still say name and shame is the way... picture of them on thier bike on the shaming board next to the trail head :D

what do you boys think the trail will be like come saturday? assuming the forcast holds and stays fine for the next few days?
will it dry up enough?

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i still say name and shame is the way... picture of them on thier bike on the shaming board next to the trail head :D

what do you boys think the trail will be like come saturday? assuming the forcast holds and stays fine for the next few days?
will it dry up enough?
Saturday afternoon is digging time again, after reading the above we may need as many hands as possible if its all torn up. Assuming the trail is reopened for the weekend there will be sections of the north side closed for repair between 2 and 5pm. If it isnt open we dig anyway,i think the focus this time will be on cranberry sauce and turkey royale.

Hopefully see you guys there.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Absolutely.....it's a testament to the builders. But with the amount of water that fell and the relatively low amount of sunlight we've had I thought it would take longer to dry out.

This is one of those situations that i'm glad to be wrong.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
OMV great track and great design.

It's one of the best designed tracks I've ridden. The only trail in sydney that drains faster is Mt Annan, and that's because it cops direct sunlight. I'm going to try and get down to hornsby for a pedal this arvo I think.
I agree with the top design track, it is a lot of fun. Even the B Line is so good, it seems a pity to miss it when you ride the A Line (Black).
Yes Mt Annan does dry quicker in places but The Rock Trail @ Kentlyn (about 10k from Mt Annan) can be ridden even when wet. It holds very little water if any. But yes, we have had a lot of rain.
The real problem with Mt Annan is the availability to the public. 10am-5pm only and if there is a sniff of rain, don't waste the trip there.
Can't wait till OMV is even longer.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Haha... Yeah, chain them in the square of shame where the general public can come and yell abuse and throw rotton fruit n veg at them :)

AndySTi

Likes Dirt
Headed out there today, trail is running sweet. Huge props to the builders. Hopefully it is a little drier by the weekend.