Oh god, pedals are stuck.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I'd like to see this thread bound and put in a time capsule for future archaeologists to dig up.

"Ah, look! Some relic from an ancient civilisation"!

"Read it! Read it!"

"I can't, it's in ancient English. We'll need to take it back to the space shipp and get it translated by 'the all knowing one"

A few hours later

"Well, what does it say"

All knowing one "We need to know more about this 'Vinegar' they speak of. Keep digging"

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Such an anticlimax too. Read it all then a couple pages from the end: tried again and it came straight off. Bah!

0psi

Eats Squid
Such an anticlimax too. Read it all then a couple pages from the end: tried again and it came straight off. Bah!
Maybe that just what he wants us to think. It's a conspiracy I tells ya.

He's developed a new tool and technique for removing pedals that he has deliberately hidden from us. All will be revealed when the patents are approved.

0psi

Eats Squid
I'd like to see this thread bound and put in a time capsule for future archaeologists to dig up.

"Ah, look! Some relic from an ancient civilisation"!

"Read it! Read it!"

"I can't, it's in ancient English. We'll need to take it back to the space shipp and get it translated by 'the all knowing one"

A few hours later

"Well, what does it say"

All knowing one "We need to know more about this 'Vinegar' they speak of. Keep digging"
And they'll be shocked by how huge ancient man was as depicted by the pictures in this most sacred of documents. Then again he probably had to be muscle bound with foe like Sharkbearopus roaming freely. What difficult times our ancestors lived in.

G-Tek

Likes Bikes
Changed some pedals over yesterday. They weren't stuck.

Every time I go to do it I always think "oh god" as I'm about to start and have a chuckle! Love seeing this thread keep getting dug up.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Changed some pedals over yesterday. They weren't stuck.

Every time I go to do it I always think "oh god" as I'm about to start and have a chuckle! Love seeing this thread keep getting dug up.
yep, dito. I can't fit a pedal now without a little dab of grease, I couldn't bear the shame of 18 pages and counting.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
The pedal was never stuck. It was our ability to alter our perception that the pedal was stuck that was stuck

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Oh no.... just found out on Wednesday evening that my pedal was also stuck.....

But its ok now.... I managed to get it off......

I'd like to ad, this thread helped me overcome the difficulties in life, even if it helped f*** all in getting my stuck pedal , well, unstuck!

Its a great asset to the MTB community and without it.... we would all be doomed!

Thanks to all who contributed to 18 pages of utter sh*te....... :victorious:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
The pedal was never stuck. It was our ability to alter our perception that the pedal was stuck that was stuck
did the spoon move, or was it your perception of reality after you cooked that crystal in the spoon that made it seem like it was moving??

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
did the spoon move, or was it your perception of reality after you cooked that crystal in the spoon that made it seem like it was moving??
Drugs are bad, Mkay? your inference offends me, the spoon and the nonstuck stuck pedal

mason33

Likes Dirt
This thread needs a "where are they now" episode. Showing signs of corrosion when removed they'd hardly be corroded to nothing, but then again maybe they were left in that vinegar solution... maybe they're in museum to exhibit the struggle of man and machine or maybe, just maybe they've been chucked in parts box to be fitted by some unfortunate fool only to discover they won't come off resulting in another suck pedal thread, the circle of life.