ohh nooo

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
interesting read.

unfortunantly i cant watch the vid on this computer.

i hope it all works out in your favour!

Batey

Likes Dirt
Very well put olly.

Just like to raise a point hat maybe it was not such a good idea for everyone to flame this guy down for this video. It was added to youtube 9 months ago and as i understand the trails are still there....

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
I have an e-mail back from our Beloved Baker.

Re: Bike Track
Well hi Fucknuckle and might I say 2 things right up front, firstly if you had nothing to do with the cutting in the track in the national park as you state and you have only been involved as you say with the track on the edge of the freeway then I am sorry for my accusations, as to me the artifacts at both sites, such as the carpet, look identical and yes I did conclude that the tracks where made by the same people, up until I saw the cutting in the national park I personally didn't have an issue with the cutting near the oval, and funnily enough nor do the council after all it really is just a privit nightmare in that area.

Secondly I am a bike rider myself and as a kid was involved in organising 2 major bike tracks, one in what is now the Kuringai park in west pymble then we just called it the quarry we approached the council and they said yes, years of fun for us the second was in north ryde on epping road down from the tennis courts again we approached the council and got permission. Point being I'm not against bike tracks and I know the work that goes into them, there should be more of them. I have also been involved in as you say lobbying the council for numourous youth issue in this area.

Next up arsewipe I am none of the ridiculus estimations you make me out to be and if your only answer for the"shithole surrounded by the F3" is to dig it up then your just as bad as the fucking RTA. Keep your track, I don't have a problem with that track, how about trying help get the rest of the area back to natives and give the swamp wallabys that live 70 meters from your track a bit more area to feed after all the usually come up to your track first thing in the morning.

Lets clear up a few things though the Advocate story was about the national park track which as you state is not yours so who gives a fuck, don't think the Advocate gave a shit about the other cuttings so why did you go in to hiding when your track is clearly on RTA land so the council can't do anything anyway.

If you know the wankers who cut the track in the park, then who are they, they are the cunts who bought on your woes not me. just cause you went into chicken shit hiding don't try to lay blame on me for the out come they caused. and if your upset at "my little escapade" then stiff fucking shit for you I'm pretty pissed of at the track in the National Park. If you think I'm a tree hugger just because I want to protect the park for our children then fuck you. If you think i'm a botanist/envor/dole bludder just because I'm interested in bettering the areas around us then you really are fucking misguided.

Apart from all that good luck to you have fun on your bike track I really don't give a shit about it
I guess he didn't get my apology.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
the guy cant be serious...... what a cocksnot.

he backtracks on him self so much, im surprised he can still type on the keyboard as he should be about 200km away from his computer.

if he doesn't care about your track, why the fuck would he make a video about it? ..

did you reply back to him?

sawtell

times like that i belive farkin.net should be link to as rotorburn!!

hahahahahahhahah how i regret saying that now!!!!! i must be psychic! i say this, two weeks later the forum changes to rotorburn .. wtf that was weird.

mlsred

Likes Dirt
hmm I can't seem to watch the video either it says removed by user, has anyone got the video still or a link to it atleast? I'm very keen to watch it as I want to try and get our local trails legalised

sawtell

hmm I can't seem to watch the video either it says removed by user, has anyone got the video still or a link to it atleast? I'm very keen to watch it as I want to try and get our local trails legalised

i dont think the video would really help with that!

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
We have to accept that with our sport there is always going to be haters.
But our sport is full of the most determined and motivated individuals.. its what i like about it.. :p may sound corny but when you think about it- very true.
bike riders are always in councils grillz..
People like this dickhead up here are yes in some ways right but as some have said before me-is someone to get onside. Dont scare him away with abuse

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Received another email from him, after I resent the apology.

I appreciate your reasonable reply. I am both an avid bush walker or as I prefer an trained bush survivalist or bushman I am also an avid mountain biker (although I no longer have the guts to do the jumps on your course) although I do enjoy track riding in the parks.

Before walking into the National park track I was trying to organise cleaning up the bush area around the oval and along the freeway (on both sides). When I found your track I had organised a meeting with council and their rep came out and we walked around the area (including your track). They were actually quite impressed as was I. In our conversation or perhaps negotiations we agreed that perhaps the best course of action was to try and organise a meeting with the makers and try and encourage a little bit of regeneration within and around the track areas.

As the bush care rep pointed out the bush could not just be cleared as that would cause as much trouble as the original problems. You must understand that the area was originally a dairy farm right up to the edge of the oval. this is what introduced most of the weeds. ( i talk to the sons of the farmer that owned the farm - Eddy and Les both of whom still live here, up and down the road from me). The RTA certainly have not helped much but we can't blame them outright.

The privet was introduced by the farms and council as it was good hedge and wind break material back in them thar days as was the south African tulip and camphalorel. Most the weeds around your track are as you stated the open earth variety

Sorry I deviated.. The council are not concerned by your track but would appreciate if some of that amazing energy could go toward regen. Seriously it's not a dirty word.

Have you managed to spot the black swamp wallabies, there was definitely wallaby scat (shit) in the bottom section of your track. Cube like blocks similar to wombat scat but smaller. Not sure if you noticed the bandicoot activity around the track either? Unfortunately they bring in the ticks so check regularly.

A bit more silt filtering would probably help the creek (whats left of it ... they use to drink from it) and slow down the spread of the Datura especially across the creek, the council DCP's have most the explanation used for building sites. Unfortunately the particular weeds around your track love bike wheels and can also survive for years before regrowing. Not your fault but sensibly glyphasting the weeds may help stop or slow regrowth.

The BBQ was a great idea as was the shelter... oh and kuringai council don't have the resources to tare down your track let alone do any thing about it, or prosecute you. so I really wouldn't worry so much.

not sure if you realise that the councils and parks are failing entirely to protect the national park from weeds and vandalism from suburbia. and that the land around you is owned by four separate organisations, the council, the water board, the aboriginal land council and the RTA so in short I don't really thing you have anything to fear as they will all sit on there governmental arses and do nothing anyway.

The only thing I offended by was the ridiculous and immature way in which most of the young bike lovers attacked my you tube site, and I believe my house and car, in stead of , as you did, putting your point forward, the only reason I answered and the only reason I removed the footage was because you made your case as to how it was incorrect. Afraid I dont scare too easily.

I am certainly not against building bike tracks and am still suprised that no one has approached the council about behind the pool beside the quarry, 100's of square meters of perfect area, I'm not against what you have done, I am against what happened in the NP as it was not nessesary considering the fire trails are there and I look forward to taking my 3 children down those tracks on their bikes, considering some of the rare plants in that area and considering that the tops of the hills in the park are the only areas that are still totally native cause all the creeks in the park are fucked up big time. I will happily wage a war on those that vandilised the park.

Ok I can get off my soap box now. Go down ride on your track, have your BBQ's all I ask is that you step back occasionally in your fun and ask how can I help make the area better, if we all do a little bit shit gets done, Good luck and prosper.

Oh and just because your young does not proclude you from lobbying council in fact it can make it easier as they are always trying to work out what the youth wants... I can always help with that if you wish as I certainly have a few contacts I could call on in the local politics, PCYC and local businesses.
He's now on our side.

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good work Gluey always great to have another warier, and see kids all it takes is a friendly, well written letter explaining your side of the story, not abusive language and eggs.

Steepy

Likes Dirt
He's now on our side.
That's awesome and it just goes to show that the best way to approach something like that is in a reasonable an intelligent manner instead of hurling abuse and threats at the guy.

Nice work to those of you that wrote proper emails to him explaining our perspective on the issue as it seems that he'd be happy to help us if we asked him to.

This bit was kind of worrying to read though...
The only thing I offended by was the ridiculous and immature way in which most of the young bike lovers attacked my you tube site, and I believe my house and car, in stead of , as you did, putting your point forward, the only reason I answered and the only reason I removed the footage was because you made your case as to how it was incorrect. Afraid I dont scare too easily.
I seriously hope nobody on here vandalised his shit because that would just be fucked up! It's one thing to rant and rave at somebody with your bad year 7 spelling but to actually go out and vandalise his property over a video on youtube is just pure stupidity. Luckily it seems that he's a decent enough guy to just let it slide! Just think, it'd be a bit hard to ride your bike when you're locked up inside a juvenile detention centre! :rolleyes:

lachhyy

Likes Bikes
Haha well that is a good thing for him on your side lucky he is a mtbr if he wasn't it would have been a different story

Good work Gluey. Seems to have finished up well however it's a bit of a worry if some snivellers decided to mount a sneak attack on the guys property. Different folk are always going to have different ideas to our own. If everything is kept calm it often works out for the best. (I know because I've also had my times of reacting quickly and angrily)

Actually I'm a bit worried about my recent joining of the mtb community.
The reason is that, as those of us who can read would know, there are efforts afoot to stamp out gatherings of outlaw bikers.

If this thread has proved nothing else to me, it has shown me that I have unwittingly joined a fraternity of some very, very hardened individuals, whose call to arms has the brethren racing for baseball bats and guns.

I'm worried that if I object and leave the group, I may awake one morning with a dent in my car or, horror of horrors, a twisted front wheel and fork beside me in the bed.

Last edited:

xristianos

Likes Bikes
Good work Gluey. Seems to have finished up well however it's a bit of a worry if some snivellers decided to mount a sneak attack on the guys property. Different folk are always going to have different ideas to our own. If everything is kept calm it often works out for the best. (I know because I've also had my times of reacting quickly and angrily)

Actually I'm a bit worried about my recent joining of the mtb community.
The reason is that, as those of us who can read would know, there are efforts afoot to stamp out gatherings of outlaw bikers.

If this thread has proved nothing else to me, it has shown me that I have unwittingly joined a fraternity of some very, very hardened individuals, whose call to arms has the brethren racing for baseball bats and guns.

I'm worried that if I object and leave the group, I may awake one morning with a dent in my car or, horror of horrors, a twisted front wheel and fork beside me in the bed.
^^^ this has got to be the best example of sarcasm and cynicism on this forum ever. :D:D:D

must use as sig......

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just got an email from mr baker.

somthing about my youtube comment.

glad he's fairly cool about it now, look forward to seeing what you guys end up doing!