Online retailers trusted/scammers

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
Crank cycles UK

Have any burners used these guys ?
Any feed back please.
Cheers.

Had a quick search through this thread but couldnt see anything.

Gripo

Eats Squid
RE: Jensons - Ordered a couple of times, always about a week. Obviously, no free shipping like the UK peeps, unfortunately.
Jensons order was all good though AusPost drops the ball.....including being carded to the incorrect PO Box...grrrr

Ordered Monday night our time, Jenson shipped straight away (Mon arvo their time).....parcel arrived in Aus on Thursday arvo.... halfway across the world that's only a little more than 72hrs......

Took from Thrs arvo of last week to Weds morning (today) to travel (Syd-SE Qld)...

Only trackable via USPS site, nada via AusPost consumer....but trackable via AusPost internal system?

Cmon Aussie Post

Gripo

Eats Squid
Mmm....my first in several years Jenson order was a complete abortion.....
though shipping was fast at only 8 days.... I did pay extra which was fine by me.

The bars that I ordered actually weren't instock/haven't been released yet (found out via the manufacturer eventually) and Jensons substituted with a shorter width (he won't notice)....right!

Jensons have been slow to answer feedback via the their website or via direct email.....

I returned the bars and via USPS tracking know that they have had them for 48hrs (maybe their returns dept is overwhelmed)

Anyway with near $400Aus tied up with them which includes return postage I'm pretty eager to at least get some acknowlegment from them of receivale/processing...

X-fingers....

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
Looking for feedback on those that have used a freight forwarder in the US to get parts to Aus eg. like "Shipto" ......

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking for feedback on those that have used a freight forwarder in the US to get parts to Aus eg. like "Shipto" ......
I've used shipito for about 4 years, what do u want to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gripo

Eats Squid
I've used shipito for about 4 years, what do u want to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4yrs of service sounds good....guess any issues that might have come about for you.

I signed up and have a trial purchase underway. Not sure of the process once the item arrives at their wharehouse address in regards to custom docs.

Guess another random of freight cost is how large a package the sender ships in but thats the risk I guess.

ftblemon8

Likes Bikes
I've used shipito for about a year and a half now and am very happy with it. In many cases, the domestic shipping inside the US is slower than the courier to Australia.

Shipito really comes into its own once you're starting to consolidate different orders into a single shipment.

camt44

Likes Bikes
+1 for Mountain Bikes Direct.

Always great service, always fast delivery (and free for orders over $150 I think), Aussie company, ever-expanding product range and great prices.

jellis

Likes Bikes
+1 for Mountain Bikes Direct.

Always great service, always fast delivery (and free for orders over $150 I think), Aussie company, ever-expanding product range and great prices.
Another +1 for mountain bikes direct.
I paid a little extra for express delivery instead of the free standard delivery and the parts were waiting for me at work this morning 17hrs to get from goldy to sydney is impressive.

moorey

call me Mia
As I just mentioned in the CRC thread, I had another good experience with Cyclesport Uk. Pikes delivered in 8 days at a great price (although prices have just gone up)

madstace

Likes Dirt
So I just received my bike-discount.de order after receiving the shipping confirmation on the 18th of this month. 12 days in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad, but given even free shipping from the UK is usually around a week, it's not great given it's paid for (~$30AUD flat rate). Apart from this and the PayPal currency conversion pain, I'm still happy to give them a +1. Their side of things was prompt, all items were correct and the prices were pretty good (compared to CRC).

ChopSticks

Banned
anyone out of Germany takes ages!

Bike24 and Starbike are the same

Still waiting for mine from bike24 :(

Purchased on Thur 17/07, posted Monday 21/07 with tracking showing it's left Germany on the following g day..... But no tracking is available on auspost end :(

moorey

call me Mia
Still waiting for mine from bike24 :(

Purchased on Thur 17/07, posted Monday 21/07 with tracking showing it's left Germany on the following g day..... But no tracking is available on auspost end :(
I'll send you a pic of mine, fitting tonight, that were ordered after yours....:high5: