Online retailers trusted/scammers

ChopSticks

Banned
$800 delivered for the 27.5" dual pos 160 rtc3 with spare seals and pump. Still the cheapest I've seen for these.
2015? Or not sure?

Happy I still ordered from bike24! For $730~ I'm really not complaining! Even if it means I wait a week or two longer!!

moorey

call me Mia
2015? Or not sure?

Happy I still ordered from bike24! For $730~ I'm really not complaining! Even if it means I wait a week or two longer!!
Plus your exchange charge?
Thought 2014 but it's got a charger damper sticker, which is a 2015 thing, innit?

ChopSticks

Banned
Plus your exchange charge?
Thought 2014 but it's got a charger damper sticker, which is a 2015 thing, innit?
Bank says it took out $737.46aud :D
so I'm not complaining :D

pretty sure chargers came with the very start ie 2013's had them....
With minor improvements over the years... But what they have actually done to the dampers I'm not sure...

should be sweet regardless :D

did the box come with any tokens?

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Bank says it took out $737.46aud :D
so I'm not complaining :D

pretty sure chargers came with the very start ie 2013's had them.... With minor improvements over the years... But what they have actually don't I'm not sure
should be sweet regardless :D

did the box come with any tokens?
Tokens are to change travel...I have dual position.....unless I misunderstand things....:noidea:

ChopSticks

Banned
Yeppp as creaky and ackland said
it gives the pike and a 'bottomless' feel but changing the linear feel of the original forks

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Emailed sram with the pikes serial from bike-discount, was told it was the last batch of 2014's I have.

$803 delivered, not quite as good as moorey, but happy with that.

German places usually take at least two weeks, so waiting impatiently from bike24 argyle to get here. Got a feeling the DHL from germany is actually just their normal mail service... though I read that somewhere.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
dont worry dude
you shouldn't need them anyway...

given youre on the light side?
I'm sure I personally wouldn't feel any difference...and it still sounds like horse shit that people would CLAIM they can feel. Bottomless indeed. :tsk:
Why wouldn't they just install them as stock if they are so good? Oh, that's right...then they wouldn't have more horse shit to bang on about.

ChopSticks

Banned
Why wouldn't they just install them as stock if they are so good? Oh, that's right...then they wouldn't have more horse shit to bang on about.
huh? firstly its not horseshit...... thats one of the things suspension tuning companies do... by playing with the size of the air chamber..... same reason why fox sell larger air cans/ shock reducers.

and sorry to disappoint, but they DO install them as stock on some pikes..... 3x in the 120mm 29'er (fits up to 6 max), 2x in the 140mm 29'er (fits up to 5 max), and 1x in the 150mm 29'er (fits up to 4 max)

both 26 and 27.5 forks ship with nothing installed (but should come with 2 as spares) and with a limit of 4.

moorey

call me Mia
huh? firstly its not horseshit...... thats one of the things suspension tuning companies do... by playing with the size of the air chamber..... same reason why fox sell larger air cans/ shock reducers.

and sorry to disappoint, but they DO install them as stock on some pikes..... 3x in the 120mm 29'er (fits up to 6 max), 2x in the 140mm 29'er (fits up to 5 max), and 1x in the 150mm 29'er (fits up to 4 max)

both 26 and 27.5 forks ship with nothing installed (but should come with 2 as spares) and with a limit of 4.
Suspension tuning companies tune a specific bike to a specific shock/fork to a specific rider...not provide a horse shit token that automatically makes a bike feel 'bottomless'.
Besides, aren't you worried about the additional weight? :whistle:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Don't they just ramp up the end of the stroke, slowing compression, making it harder to bottom out? Bottomless is just marketing speaks.