Only cost me a kidney and half a liver - Transition TR450

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Looking good man, insane weight!
Its actually gonna weigh about 16.5 for races most of the time I think. Depends what track though. I'm running a dual ply minion on the front now though so its about 16.2kg now. Will probably only run the schwalbes for more fast open tracks which arent too bumpy.

Thanks for all the comments so far everyone, I'm still trying to sort out when I can get some action shots, I'll try get some next weekend with a good camera.

DNF

Likes Dirt
hey mate. looks good.
pretty impressed with the the weight yours is at, look forward to getting mine on a good set of scales.
have you played with your HA/ BB adjustment yet? I've only had mine out on one ride in the middle setting, might give the low setting a go at thredbo this weekend, but i have a feeling it might be a bit too slack in the tight trees.

Also how have you set up your rear suspension? i'm running the 400lb spring with 155psi and feeling that its abit wollowey in the low speed part of the shock. though coming off an M6 with a revox onto linkage driven single pivot with a fox thats probably to be expected.
Running much bottom out? i found the frame to be really progressive, though it hasn't seen any harsh hit yet.
Give me abit of low down on how you've got yours setup just out of curiosity.

cheers.

Moony

Likes Dirt
looks a bit better than last time you posted up pics...sweet!

might wanna check your scales though...from what i know the big betty's are appx same weight as minions, saint cranks & teams not heaps light?! although the brakes, deraileur, spring, casette and bars etc are on the light side....still....15.9??
but hey, if it is that light, congrats.

condog

Likes Dirt
Sweet bike dude,
Just a quick question, Did you lock out your gears? or do you just have less cogs and you can shift onto the spacer...In the past i havent been able to lock out my X-0 deraliers ( yes i did get a longer adjustment screw but it wouldent work).

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Sweet bike dude,
Just a quick question, Did you lock out your gears? or do you just have less cogs and you can shift onto the spacer...In the past i havent been able to lock out my X-0 deraliers ( yes i did get a longer adjustment screw but it wouldent work).
Yeah, we're running a longer adjustment screw so it doesnt shift out onto the spacers. I think it took a bit of fiddling around though. I'll get dad to send you a PM, hes the one who did it.
Goodluck with the rest of nationals too dude.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
looks a bit better than last time you posted up pics...sweet!

might wanna check your scales though...from what i know the big betty's are appx same weight as minions, saint cranks & teams not heaps light?! although the brakes, deraileur, spring, casette and bars etc are on the light side....still....15.9??
but hey, if it is that light, congrats.
Its a bit heavier now - around 16.3 I think now that I'm running Slow Reezay Minions. When it was weighed at 15.9 I had the Single Ply Schwalbes on it but they shred up too fast and aren't quite as grippy so I went back to Minions.

The Teams, I've taken the Drop Stop thing out and something else that I forgot (Dad did it). So the Teams currently weigh less than a standard set of WC's without changing their performance because the Drop Stop in my opinion is pretty pointless if the forks are settup alright.

Saint cranks are lighter than Gravity Lights etc - I checked carefully before buying them. I'm fairly sure they're the same weight as Hones and if there is a lighter option its only going to be 50g or so lighter if you still want strength I guess.

Also as said before the wheels are stupidly light :D
The bike has had a lot of riding done on it now though and they're holding up surprisingly well. Theres a tiny little ding in the rear rim, tiny meaning basically not there, and the front rim is fine. They've also stayed true throughout the whole time, haven't had to re-tension them once.

jasevr4

Likes Dirt
Do you run tubeless or with tubes?

I'm thinking doing a Hope/Hadley/Flows build and get free Minion DHF's (non UST).. only going to run Minions, but don't know if I should just run tubes or give tubeless a shot...

Last edited:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stans flow you can run tubeless easy as (with stans tape). And they work quiet well.
I use the Stans arch on my xc/am bike which is just a narrower version of the Flow and there brilliant rims.
I was so very tempted to go the Flow rim route a while ago. But at that time not too many people had used them for straight out Dh. And i also weigh around 82kg, so i went for deemax ultimates instead which have been great.

Also im interested in this taking the drop stopper out of my Wc's. (i dont even use it really). I thought it was just a rubber bumper inside? (and wouldnt weigh too much anyway?) Unless its different for teams and wc's?

Nice bike!!

Attachments

Last edited:

lachlanjw

Likes Dirt
nice

nice bike man I like it

Tranistion bikes are so good and this one looks great!! not sure about the curved bit of frame down at the rear suspension?? whats the idea of that? why not just make it straight?
I'm not trying rip on the bike but i'm actually interested in the purpose of the curve

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Also im interested in this taking the drop stopper out of my Wc's. (i dont even use it really). I thought it was just a rubber bumper inside? (and wouldnt weigh too much anyway?) Unless its different for teams and wc's?
Yeah had to scratch my head as it is just a rubber bumper ... about 20cm long ... would have thought swapping the red rum to run pure 5wt would produce more of a weight saving then taking the elastomer out *shrugs

Be interested to see this thing on some scales ...

I have no experience with the wheels, but would have thought 16.8 to 17.3 would be a respectable weight weenie Tranny. Ah ... if only I was 65kgs again.

Good Job and nice pics