Ooold moto , sweet as braa (p)

safreek

Definitely avanti moto they have more square shaped seat tube off the main frame norcos where more oval. same shit end of day made in Taiwan by kinesis I believe I have about 5 or 6 off these in my collection and plenty of spare linkages and rear stays. Early racelines where made in the same factory and had identical rear ends
Sweet, I'm happy with it being an Avanti, they look pretty much the same as the Norco. Don't suppose you have a rear end that takes disc brake, that would be so much better. I still remember old old brakes

safreek

The paint is pretty rough on the fork but surprisingly the staunchions are good.
They bounce up and down fine without any drama, no weird sounds or feel.
They actually feel like most old marzocchi forks, real smooth.
They still have the red adjust disc thingies on the top, there is a win

kip01

Likes Dirt
Sweet, I'm happy with it being an Avanti, they look pretty much the same as the Norco. Don't suppose you have a rear end that takes disc brake, that would be so much better. I still remember old old brakes
Its a special adapter that bolts to the dropout if it has those two holes uses chain ring style bolts

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Sweet rig @safreek. I definitely remember Raceline doing one, and may have been in your colours too. Would I be right to say Iron Horse did their version of it too?

safreek

Sweet rig @safreek. I definitely remember Raceline doing one, and may have been in your colours too. Would I be right to say Iron Horse did their version of it too?
I have no idea, I guess many bike companies saw how gorgeous they look and started ordering straight away.
I can't believe that some people don't see the beauty of these old bangers

moorey

call me Mia
I have no idea, I guess many bike companies saw how gorgeous they look and started ordering straight away.
I can't believe that some people don't see the beauty of these old bangers
I do!
....Said 1999 Moorey, but quickly moved on

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I can we the evolution from this deisgn to the later dh race frame that was shared by raceline and azonic (the eliminator 1 and 2).

moorey

call me Mia
I can we the evolution from this deisgn to the later dh race frame that was shared by raceline and azonic (the eliminator 1 and 2).
Avanti away from it with the D8, raceline didn’t do a monocoque DH, Norco stuck with this for a few years. Others did monocoque, eg Foes and orange, nothing like the Norco’s though...as I remember it.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Raceline never did that style frame but I've got an old raceline extreme sport which has identical rear end as early vps linkages and all

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Avanti away from it with the D8, raceline didn’t do a monocoque DH, Norco stuck with this for a few years. Others did monocoque, eg Foes and orange, nothing like the Norco’s though...as I remember it.
Sorry I wasn't particularly clear, not so much the monocoque front but more the multi position options in the shock linkages etc and the stays. But even then I'm out a fair bit as both the brands I mentioned had the faux bar drop out pivot rather than 4 bar.

As for the front end, did barracuda or dirt works have a similar monocoque design? Specialized did a very different monocoque, as did giant in the way maestro days. I like the monocoque look.