Opening Weekend @ Mt Baw Baw - Wide open all Summer till April - WOW!

dunndog

Eats Squid
Remember to support this on its opening day on Saturday the 8th of December. Mt Baw Baw has already taken bookings for this weekend which is awesome to hear, so whatcha waiting for... See you there!!! It's gonna be a hella good party on the Saturday

KINGMAN
What's on up there this weekend?

Mr King

Likes Dirt
What's on up there this weekend?
Free shuttles on the Saturday of Opening weekend and a DJ at the pub that night to party on!

Is it possible to camp up there?
No camping in the alpine resort sorry... There is State Forest before the resort a fair way from the mountain with some campsites, but honestly you'd be better off to book some accom now to secure the cheap places and hang out on the mountain!

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey kingy. Re bike hire - will that be up and running on opening weekend? My mate wants to head up but doesn't have a DH bike. Also, do you know what bikes they're planning to hire?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Anyone got any recommendations for accommodation for this weekend - Preferably something bike friendly and a non-retarded price.

Trawled through the BawBaw website and found some decent looking options - going to bring the Mrs up as strangely she enjoys MTB weekends away without actually bring a bike and riding (tracks are too scary for her - the pump track at Youyangs is 'scary'...).

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've heard talk of a shuttle day at Narby in Sunday also. Anyone else heard about it?

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is definitely happening. $45 for the day including bbq. Hmm, Baw Baw or Narby or both?
Not to sound negative, but that's not great timing. The opening weekend for Baw Baw is a big deal in terms of showing support for a resort gauging the public's interest. Narby is a track many people (myself included) love and would give a left nut for a shuttle day. Why make us decide - surely it's better for both the people running the Narby shuttles AND the team at Baw Baw to run Narby a week or two later...

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Haha, after paying a heavy bribe to the Mrs to get away for the weekend, I hope there is no limitations.

Weather Outlook;
BOM - Mount Baw Baw
Sat Sun
Late showers and cold change. Morning shower or two.
Max 22 °C Max 9 °C
Min 9 °C Min 4 °C

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Anyone know what the trail network is like other than the DH course? Any other trails running parallel where one can utilise the shuttle but not necessarily do the DH track all day..... cheers

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, after paying a heavy bribe to the Mrs to get away for the weekend, I hope there is no limitations.

Weather Outlook;
BOM - Mount Baw Baw
Sat Sun
Late showers and cold change. Morning shower or two.
Max 22 °C Max 9 °C
Min 9 °C Min 4 °C

My BOM app is saying 18 on Sunday. Hope it's right!

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Nope

Anyone know what the trail network is like other than the DH course? Any other trails running parallel where one can utilise the shuttle but not necessarily do the DH track all day..... cheers
Apart from the one(very narrow,One line) downhill track your only other trail option is the bitumem shuttle road.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Huge thanks to the Mt Baw Baw crew for providing an outstanding track and shuttle service this weekend.