Opinions of either a Van or Ute for Moving Bikes etc.

wombat

Lives in a hole
anfon said:
save up a little more cash and you could get something like this....

that's a beast of a ute.
That is not a ute, that is a truck, and honestly, many of those things shouldn't be on the road, they're almost as bad as the "soccer mum's" 4WD.

G

two doors and a tray its a ute....

and gutty...give us some pics of your hilux man i farkin love them....im saving for a two door hilux now....cant wait:D

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah, it's nothing special Fuzzy. Just your typical lowlux work ute. Good cars though, i'm really happy with mine.
Like this but white

I'm due for a new car though. I think(fingers crossed) i'll be getting one of the new Holden 1 tonners.

S.

ex offender
I wanted a single cab, 4wd Hilux as a first car but they're too expensive... I think I'll end up getting an early 90s model 2wd singlecab Hilux.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Fuzzy said:
two doors and a tray its a ute....
Well I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot here, but that's wrong.
By your definition, a one tonner would be a ute, which it's not (I can see the shit flying already). Cultural influence has caused the word "ute" (short for utility) to become quite misused in this country. Techincally a ute is a vehicle which as you said has two doors and a tray (can have more doors though). The catch though is that it must be a single body vehicle, like a commodore ute, not a cab chassis like a one tonner.

So I'm shooting myself becuase by definition that thing you pictured is a ute...but come on! Look at it, it's a freaking truck!!! :shock:

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
GO a VAN sooo much cooler u can put a couch in the back and your bikes will stay dry if it rains and hav no way of falling off the back and getting damaged like in a ute
Aswell u can put huge METAL MULISHA stickers a soo forth on the side of a vans

jamo

Likes Dirt
i think a ute is so much better! yeah as everyone says a daily driver. jstu chuck stuff in the back and drive away. also doing runs and then chucking your biesk in teh back is very convenient and fast. a van may not get you where you wanna go. especially if you are riding trails in hardcore terrain. 4wd ute!!

plus you can have 2 pl in teh cab and 10 bikes and 8+ people hanging on the back.

Ty

Eats Squid
yeah a ute is great just chuck ya stuff in the back, go shoping and someone will have moved ya gear for ya.

go van bro.

Ivan

Eats Squid
if you ever want to move an MX bike you'll kick yourself you didn't get a "truck"

. I love my truck

98 Rodeo V6

here's something funny... a genuine starter motor for my ute is....$1316..

holy shit!

belly_up

Likes Dirt
Ivan said:
if you ever want to move an MX bike you'll kick yourself you didn't get a "truck"

. I love my truck

98 Rodeo V6

here's something funny... a genuine starter motor for my ute is....$1316..

holy shit!
Isn't the Rodeo V6 the same as the Commy one? should be like $10. So much for buying a holden for the cheap parts :roll:

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get then ute. if you wanna lock yourself up get one of those hatchy/roofy/bubble like things that attach to the tray and cover/lock up all your gear

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Ute mate!

I gotta 96 Hilux Dual cab in a 4x4 2.8D
If your gonna do shuttles a utes the best.

We tried it in my mates Hiace and all we did was put dents in the side and made the outside look like it had just contained an explosion.