Organised rides apart from XC track ?

mick377

Squid
Hi,

First post, so please be gentle.

I live close to Ourimbah forest and have done a few laps of the XC course, but I like variety and exploring new trials.

Wondering if anyone gets together for a bit of training / exploring on a semi-regular basis. Doesn't have to be Ourimbah (eg Watagans, Kariong, Wisemans, etc). Even hike-a-bike trails like the Great North Walk are good as they normally throw this type of trail into adventure races.

Just got myself a 2008 Trance X1 and plan to do Dirt Work 100 again in 2009, so rides of 50-100km ideal.

Cheers
Mick

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Mick,

Giv Erina bikeworx a ring 43 652208 - they have organised group rides every wed avo and sunday morning at various tracks - think details are on their website. I personally dont do them as xc involves pedalling and hills and i am allergic to both:D

mick377

Squid
Mick,

Giv Erina bikeworx a ring 43 652208 - they have organised group rides every wed avo and sunday morning at various tracks - think details are on their website. I personally dont do them as xc involves pedalling and hills and i am allergic to both:D
I rang and yesterday it was Staples lookout at Kariong. Turned up, told shop people not coming, but 4 of us went for a ride most of the way to Rocky Ponds (as well as trying to do a bit of the Great North Walk on the way). Hitting the water berms at speed on the way to Rocky Ponds was a excellent (except for the one I front landed) and we got our exercise grinding pack to the lookout.

Thanks for the tip ...

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Typical bikeshop people - all talk no show (i am in trouble now:)). Glad you hooked up with them, they'll show you plenty of tracks. Join the club next year, best way meet new riders

climbo

Likes Dirt
hey mick, shop people don't always come, but usually there are other people there willing to ride. All starting up again from next week so keep an eye on the bikeworx site/forum for places and times in Feb.