VIC Otway Odyssey 27th April 2014

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
A new date in April has been announced for the iconic Otway Odyssey. Sunday 27th April.
I know it's a long way off but I think I'll give it another crack next year. I've only ever finished it once(2010) from 3 attempts(07, 10 & 11).
I do feel its lost a bit of the "journey" that made this race a true epic now that its not point to point, but still keen to return and try the new track.
Training starts tomorrow. Oops, busy tomorrow. Maybe next week. Or maybe I'll just start when it warms up a bit. I hate the cold. BRRRRRRRRR!

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmm, so yep might be wet, the first sandy climb will be interesting if it's wet, a bog.

Capture.jpg

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So 4 peeps on RB are interested in OO this year....

Far cry from years past.

I won't be riding OO this year partly due to timing and also want to try a new event.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Never done an "Oddity", 'cos its old timing never worked for me. Might give this a go rather than Wombat 100 (which would be two weeks before, if past timing is any guide).

fletchog

Likes Dirt
Wombat or OO

Did the Wombat 50 last yr and tossing up between the 100 or the OO 100. Probably wont be able to do both. which would you guys recommend?
Doing GTE 100 and Crazy 6.