VIC Otway Odyssey 27th April 2014

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Agree, I rode with him yesterday and he smoked me up the climbs while still talking! Admittedly he could talk with a mouthful of marbles underwater!
I Still have to work on the down hill bits though! Was cornering like a hobo yesterday :p
While your beer + renos might affect your climbing, you're still hammering it when the track points down :)

quiggs

Likes Dirt
I Still have to work on the down hill bits though! Was cornering like a hobo yesterday :p
While your beer + renos might affect your climbing, you're still hammering it when the track points down :)
Ha Ha……
drinking a nice pale ale while writing!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
compared to a 45 min CX race it is :)
I much prefer short and sharp stuff compared to the 6 hour + slogfest/sufferfest. This old rotting carcass of a body doesn't like sitting on a saddle that long!
50km should be over in around 2 hrs or so right?

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
If your not at the front you'll finish in over 3. The downhill sections you get stuck behind the slow guys. You need to be able to pass everyone on the fire trails. Pace your self it's a grueling ride. The first 10ks is a long uphill grind. All in all a nice race. More challenging than wombat. Wombat is more fun though. See you out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
Oh and I forgot at one point the 100 k guys merge with the 50k guys so there's a traffic jam in the middle. Lots of stop start for a few k's. Frustrating sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uzdnabuzd

Cannon Fodder
accommodation

hey guys, any tips on trying to find accommodation in Forrest for the weekend. Planning to come over from Perth for this however trying to get accommodation close has rendered itself very difficult.
Cheers

riderideride

Likes Dirt
hey guys, any tips on trying to find accommodation in Forrest for the weekend. Planning to come over from Perth for this however trying to get accommodation close has rendered itself very difficult.
Cheers
I believe Forrest was full as soon as the race date was released! Try Colac or Apollo Bay :)