Otway Odyssey entries open - new course?

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I used 33:19 for the race. My mate used the same on his 29er and my brother-in-law used 32-16 on his 26er.

Heaps of good pics this year which is good. One of my fav's.
I remember seeing you on this bike and thinking you were a lot harder man on a full rigid single speed than me on a bike with 160mm of travel and 20 gears! Good work!

stu-2

Likes Dirt
A different question

how do you go about getting a spot for gazebo for your helper and esky, are spots reserved for the elites only?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
No. Just get there early(Friday that is) and set up.
I've done it without issue in the past. Only problem I've had is people tend to move in while you're away and get offended when you arrive and tell them to fuck off.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No. Just get there early(Friday that is) and set up.
I've done it without issue in the past. Only problem I've had is people tend to move in while you're away and get offended when you arrive and tell them to fuck off.
next year we should set up a shelter and table for guys doing it on here. then all we need is someone to hang around during event. would be good to have some stuff stashed i.e pump etc.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last place takes around 10 hours - if the race starts at 7am they wont cross the line until around 5pm - that's a bloody long time to wait for a beer :p
If anyone is willing to ride for 10 hours to finish the OO, then we should be buying them beers... and butt-sooth-ointment. :)

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
next year we should set up a shelter and table for guys doing it on here. then all we need is someone to hang around during event. would be good to have some stuff stashed i.e pump etc.
That's a bloody good idea!