Our Website

DeLacy

Squid
what is req 2 race

wayneo can you tell me what cost is involved in getting into the sport and what the costs cover eg: insurance,race entry fee, club fees thanks any info appreciated.

Goocharlton

Likes Dirt
wayneo can you tell me what cost is involved in getting into the sport and what the costs cover eg: insurance,race entry fee, club fees thanks any info appreciated.
What are you looking at, eg Downhill, 4X, Freeride, XC......

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
The cost are $10 to join the CCOMTB club yearly payment,
to race each club event is also $10 which covers toilets on DH days a percentage goes to state forest the rest goes to the club.
It is $15 for a day Licence which goes to MTBA a small percentage is kept by the club for admin, or you can buy full MTBA licence which is $80 and covers you for a full year it also goes to MTBA.
All this info is on the website including downloadable club and MTBA forms to fill out www.ccomtb.org.au.
As for the other costs, You are asking more of an MTBA question go to this site www.mtba.asn.au
Thanks Wayno

demo man

Used to be cool.
I got confused reading Wayno's reply - I'll just say what he said but in a different way - see if it's any better!

CCOMTB club races have a $10 entry fee. that simply covers the costs of running the event. any profit goes into the club kity for whatever purpose the committee decides on.

On top of that comes the insurance. there are two ways to cover this:

a yearly membership. This is split up in cost - $80ish to MTBA who provide the actual insurance and ~$10 to the club. This covers you at all MTBA affiliated races in australia (which is almost every mtb race held).

OR, you can get a day license for each event. these are $15 and cover each event individually. this money is also split between MTBA and the club.

hope that helps somewhat.

extra costs are mainly in your equipment.

PyletSnviper

Likes Dirt
can someone please pm me a contact number for allen grundy?

i can only find a email address on the website and really need to contact him asap.

cheers

IDrive

Squid
Guys,

Some time ago i stumbled across some video footage of the Ourimbah cross country tracks. This guy went through a number of the tracks with helmet cam. I'm thinking it may have been a syndey based website doing a review on Ourimbah....

I have just tried to locate this footage again but can't find it, by chance can someone post a link to this?

Thanks