Ourimbah’s first All Mountain race 6 November 2011 - RESULTS ARE UP

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Anyone got any footage/pics/helmet cam?

Cheers
Yeah, I got a bit of footage on the gopro. Not looked at it yet, but hopefully will have time on Tues to put something together and upload

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

T-Rex

Template denier
Results

116 riders enjoyed perfect beach weather at CCOMTB's first ever All Mountain race.

People seemed to enjoy the track, huge props to Adrian, Gaz and BK for figuring out the course, and Sledger for his last minute improvements on Saturday.

As organisers, we were very pleased with the huge amount of positive feedback we got today. As this was our first AM race, we had no idea how many entries we would get, or how the day would play out. We (I) had concerns before the race about riders in open face helmets seeing the "red mist", happily everyone rode sensibly and there was nothing more than a bit of missing bark from a few riders.

The shuttles were a hit, no surprise in the 30 deg.+ heat, and in spite of one of the buses breaking down, everyone managed to get a few runs in, some just riding up, some just shuttling, and some doing a mixture.

Just about everyone told us the course had the right combination of downhill, flats and climbing, and the podiums across the grades had a mix of XC, DH and casual riders.

There were a LOT of punctures, so we were very glad we ran a "best run" format, rather than cumulative time, which gave people a second chance in a lot of cases.

Next time we will be looking at ways to get the results and the presentation done more quickly. We will also welcome any comments on anything that could be done differently/better.

Attachments

Last edited:

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well done Rex!!

Hopefully other clubs will take notice of the success and popularity of this event and put on some more of these types of races.

I rode Ourimbah last May after the Dirtworks and spent a week road tripping in a big whooparse camper. Of all the places we rode that week, Ourimbah was the standout.

Not sure if you ever saw him, but we set up Bob the Builder with the perfect view of The Magic Carpet Ride.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cheers CCOMTB, was deffinately a good day.

10mins 37, im happy with my efforts.

HOWEVER, my only negative point would be spelling my last name wrong hahahaha. Z NOT S!

Bens just sounds funny

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Great day out - got my ass handed to me on the DH sections and was able to put the hammer down on the flats and Rollercoaster. The athmosphere at the finish line was so great with everyone being full of adrenaline and telling their story of the last 7-10 minutes.

Thanks CCOMTB for putting it on! I just love racing and this is a great new format.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Some constructive feedback- just needed prority for the grades that race first/second/third and so on at the shuttle point. The format is so quick in getting the start done- quicker than the shuttle turna rounds.

Was awesome otherwise

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
any photos up yet somewhere?
Sorting and re-editing. Hope my boss doesn't bonk me for using company bandwidth...

Had a spectacular time and learned quite a fair bit about not using K-Rads for AM/FR tracks... They work well on hard packed dirt but. I shoulda used Maxxis High Rollers instead.

Notes to Self:
- Ourimbah provides a spectacular woodland trails! I should be inspired to get my FR forks! :clap2:
- Bailing out on leaves is better than bailing out on sharp rocks and branches :hurt:
- When volunteering as first aid, bring FA-Kit
- It helps to have a transceiver
- K-Rads should be left to in city and Kenda Kinetics, Nevegals, Maxxis Minions or High Rollers do a good job of keeping you upright on switch backs
- It's a good idea to bring extra tubes and a spare helmet.
- A pocket charger is a good idea in case the battery of the camera runs out and needs charging
- A camera tripod makes taking photos easier and provides steadier shots.
- Hydration is mandatory.

chriso76

Cannon Fodder
had an awesome day with my mates and all the other riders.

only 1 minor gripe - i started my second run and the guy just called me through - i was faster on that run - but the times said i was 30 sec slower???

so yeah - some kind of organisation with the shuttles (even just some uhf radios) - may have helped co-ordinate the grades and start times.

other than that - thanks to all involved for putting on a great event!

Chul

Likes Bikes
Thanks CCOMTB !

Thanks to the club and voluneteers.

My mate and I had a fantastic day. If you run club rounds of it next year we will be in for sure !

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
testing...

Presenting...

The winning ladies !!! :clap2:

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Picture 026.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

Watermark applied, max image uploaded. More to follow. I just about to use up my DL/UL quota :(

Last edited:

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great day, Shame I started a bit late...

Any chance of making a climb from 5 ways up to that section of track with the switchbacks Ie An additional XC loop? Was a pretty ace bit of track!

Look forward to the next one! Hopefully no where near as hot as yesterday!

wsd

Squid
GPS of the track

sounds like a great event guys - pity I couldn't make this one.

anyone got a GPS map of the course I can use for next time I am up that way ? I have got a general idea where the course went but GPS would be great.

Cheers

W