ourimbah 15/3/09 dh cubby by nbt

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
hey mate have you got any of 212 riding a red norco aline in a strange helmet haha
thanks alot no biggy if u dont

cameron_swain

Likes Dirt
i think wat lewis did was write yer maybe a bit slower but he really had no choice everyone that races this track knows during the race run the are no ppl after the first 100 m and no ppl till the last 100m so he vertually had no choice but to get on his bike and do the rest......yer slow down a bit but thats it and wat is the go with it affected the race im pritty sure the club would rather stop the race for 5 min to make sure someone will be safe....
cheers cameron
hope to see u riden soon lewis

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
i think wat lewis did was write yer maybe a bit slower but he really had no choice everyone that races this track knows during the race run the are no ppl after the first 100 m and no ppl till the last 100m so he vertually had no choice but to get on his bike and do the rest......yer slow down a bit but thats it and wat is the go with it affected the race im pritty sure the club would rather stop the race for 5 min to make sure someone will be safe....
cheers cameron
hope to see u riden soon lewis
Its not him riding the rest of the track after his crash that was dangerous but the fact he was wear a singlet which is qwite silly, and people saying it wouldnt have helped if he was wearing armour. Well if you wear a jersey and full length body armour then sharp object such as rocks have to first get through your jersey, at this point your jersey gets snaged and leaves you with some grasing but then it would have to get through the mesh material on your armour then penertrate the skin. You cant honestly say it wouldnt have helped. but im not going to have a go at him as i dont believe he has learned a lesson.

fairy1

Banned
Any pictures of a guy on a kids bike? Num 902, red hardtail, grey shirt and a black helmet.
Cheers,
James.

bighitben

Likes Dirt
but the fact he was wear a singlet which is qwite silly, and people saying it wouldnt have helped if he was wearing armour. Well if you wear a jersey and full length body armour then sharp object such as rocks have to first get through your jersey, at this point your jersey gets snaged and leaves you with some grasing but then it would have to get through the mesh material on your armour then penertrate the skin.
Very true. I was wearing knee/shine guards, full body armour, jersey, fullface and gloves, and i had a pretty nasty crash on the wooden roller after the really rocky section and where i had protection i have basically no bruises/wounds, all i have is some small cuts on my upper legs (i had no protection there), and a little pussy graze on my shoulder (even though i was wearing body armour, it must of often through the mesh), and that graze is even dotted so even the mesh did help :p

In the short time that i've had body armour it has saved me from injuries SO many times, it was definatly worth buying it... and besides, i look like a beast when im wearing it, otherwise i'm scrawny little fuck :eek:.

Body armour FTW.

Last edited:

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its not him riding the rest of the track after his crash that was dangerous but the fact he was wear a singlet which is qwite silly, and people saying it wouldnt have helped if he was wearing armour. Well if you wear a jersey and full length body armour then sharp object such as rocks have to first get through your jersey, at this point your jersey gets snaged and leaves you with some grasing but then it would have to get through the mesh material on your armour then penertrate the skin. You cant honestly say it wouldnt have helped. but im not going to have a go at him as i dont believe he has learned a lesson.
Very true. I was wearing knee/shine guards, full body armour, jersey, fullface and gloves, and i had a pretty nasty crash on the wooden roller after the really rocky section and where i had protection i have basically no bruises/wounds, all i have is some small cuts on my upper legs (i had no protection there), and a little pussy graze on my shoulder (even though i was wearing body armour, it must of often through the mesh), and that graze is even dotted so even the mesh did help :p

In the short time that i've had body armour it has saved me from injuries SO many times, it was definatly worth buying it... and besides, i look like a beast when im wearing it, otherwise i'm scrawny little fuck :eek:.

Body armour FTW.
Body armour makes you hot, sweaty and is annoying when racing as you don't have the frredom you want. I where it as my parents force me or blackmail me. He will learn his lesson and maybe where a jersey and some knee pads next time but he won't where body armour as he doesn't want it, loves the freedom.
I think he was more scared about what his mum was going to say then what surgery/medical attention he was going to recieve.
Cheers.
Tom.

Framed

Likes Dirt
Being a fat bloke i run hot and sweat like a fat bloke, so wearing armour would kill me.

But as it turns out NOT wearing it has left me loosing income, I couldnt work today, that sore.

Lesson lernt, I'll gradually get my armour gear together.

Without it i love the freedom. 4x tracks dont have them silly rocks built in.... Love DH now addict.

bighitben

Likes Dirt
Body armour makes you hot, sweaty and is annoying when racing as you don't have the frredom you want
I must agree, not all the time, but it does get hot and sweaty on hot/warmer days. But i'd choose being a bit hotter and sweatier over crashing and giving myself injuries/cuts anyday. I also find that it gives me a bit more confidence, (which i so desperatly need).
I mean after i crashed on sunday i was sitting there resting and i realised when i shot of the roller and hit the rocks on the right side i was very lucky... why.. because i came off on the right side, if i had come off on the left side then i doubt i'd be here typing, i'd probabally be in hospital and i realised that you never really know when you'll have a bad crash or how, but when it does happen you'll want to be as protected as possible.

I have no problem with that guy not wearing armour, its his choice to wear it or not, no one here is his parents (well i dont think they are..) and if he wants to go down with a singlet then go for it. But you gotta know the consquences, i personally really appreciate wearing armour and wouldn't go without it. Even if you don't crash.. atleast your prepared if you do.

Jordo_c

Likes Dirt
hey mate
Number: 613
Bike: 2007 giant glory (blue and white) with boxxer world cups
Kit: TLD blue and white long pants wiht a red T-shirt and a white and red helmet
thanks

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I must agree, not all the time, but it does get hot and sweaty on hot/warmer days. But i'd choose being a bit hotter and sweatier over crashing and giving myself injuries/cuts anyday. I also find that it gives me a bit more confidence, (which i so desperatly need).
I mean after i crashed on sunday i was sitting there resting and i realised when i shot of the roller and hit the rocks on the right side i was very lucky... why.. because i came off on the right side, if i had come off on the left side then i doubt i'd be here typing, i'd probabally be in hospital and i realised that you never really know when you'll have a bad crash or how, but when it does happen you'll want to be as protected as possible.

I have no problem with that guy not wearing armour, its his choice to wear it or not, no one here is his parents (well i dont think they are..) and if he wants to go down with a singlet then go for it. But you gotta know the consquences, i personally really appreciate wearing armour and wouldn't go without it. Even if you don't crash.. atleast your prepared if you do.
Yeah i get that. I would preffer wearing body armour only when i raced though, not all the time through practice etc.
By the way Unitec is his dad, member on here.
Tom.

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
great discussion about safty equipment some more pics

had to put some PICS of my son kieran
note what he wears he thinks i am a pain in the butt when its hot
NO BODY ARMOUR NO RACE
that neck brace cost about $400 and he has put it under full use best $400 i could spend on the sport
now the pic had my say
kieran

hindzy

zac

go the bike shed

Framed

Likes Dirt
Thanks Neil. that one was me cruising in for 7min run hehe, just couldnt loosen up again after the stack.

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
hey also if you happen to have it...
Rider 726
blue/white 08 Glory
black and white Fox jersey
Red Helmet and orange goggles