Ourimbah Club Series Downhill Round 2 1 May CANCELLED

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Probably as bad as our "itching to run a race" syndrome. Pretty frustrating, but on a brighter note the State Round will be in two weeks time, come up and have a run then.
Nah, ive decided to just race at a club level instead as there's generally less riders to compete against, it's far cheaper than the states, and I wouldn't have a chance against the other riders at states lol. I rarely get to ride due to year 11 -- *sigh*. Can't wait to be done with school and uni...

Chubbinz

Cannon Fodder
Probably as bad as our "itching to run a race" syndrome. Pretty frustrating, but on a brighter note the State Round will be in two weeks time, come up and have a run then.
I've never raced and as soon as i go to race my first club round. It races both times :( I just wanna ride tracks besides mt local.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Nah, ive decided to just race at a club level instead as there's generally less riders to compete against, it's far cheaper than the states, and I wouldn't have a chance against the other riders at states lol. I rarely get to ride due to year 11 -- *sigh*. Can't wait to be done with school and uni...
In that case, go there to RIDE, not to race. You don't have to go flat out and I know plenty of people that race at a state and national level for a bit of fun, and don't take things seriously.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
In that case, go there to RIDE, not to race. You don't have to go flat out and I know plenty of people that race at a state and national level for a bit of fun, and don't take things seriously.
Yeah I know what you mean, but would it still cost a massive $110 bucks just to RIDE there? Or would it cost the normal club fee of $30? I heard it's $110 for every state round except for Thredbo which is $180.

Last edited:

NetBiker

Likes Bikes
You will probably have less time on your hands after school and uni, along comes other things-work, parties, dinners, travel, girls, other shit, girls...

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Man you should get some creme for that
Yeah I'm using some for the time being until the next ride... Still itchy though. :p

You will probably have less time on your hands after school and uni, along comes other things-work, parties, dinners, travel, girls, other shit, girls...
Perhaps so. Well I gotta ride more before I finish school and uni then. Haha

Ah it looks like my mum's happy to pay for my trip to Ourimbah! :D Yewwwwwwwwwwwwww! Can't believe she's willing to pay for it... because that's including petrol, the entrance fee, food, accomodation, and whatever else there is...
That is why I prefer to go to club rounds as it's far cheaper.

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Yeah I know what you mean, but would it still cost a massive $110 bucks just to RIDE there? Or would it cost the normal club fee of $30? I heard it's $110 for every state round except for Thredbo which is $180.
Will be $110 still, but the way I see it, it's worth the experience and great weekend.
It's great to catch up with all my mates and ride with each other and just have a great weekend. Racing is just an extra as far as I see it.

.dan.

Likes Dirt
What will happen in 2 weeks time at the state round if the shuttle road gets really wet and makes it difficult for the buses to get up? Which was a similar circumstance to what happened today. Would practice be cancelled for the day? I've been to a fair few state rounds before but none have been cancelled.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What will happen in 2 weeks time at the state round if the shuttle road gets really wet and makes it difficult for the buses to get up? Which was a similar circumstance to what happened today. Would practice be cancelled for the day? I've been to a fair few state rounds before but none have been cancelled.
Your wrong there. I was at a Coffs race a couple of years ago when practise was cancelled for half a day because the busses couldnt get up the road.

Common sense has to prevail.

BKelly

teh fast
Well if the buses can't get up the road then they can't get up the road. Unfortunately the weather is something that we can't control and we've been very unlucky with it lately trying to hold a race.

The other factor was that the newly built sections have not totally packed in yet and it's in our best interest to have the track as good as possible for the state round in two weeks and riding it today would have caused a lot of damage with no time to repair it for the state round.

There have been plenty of races including national rounds that have been canceled due to bad weather conditions. Take Illinbah for example, first national round last year (canceled due to rain). I know it would suck but it wouldn't be the end of the world. think yourself lucky as the guys in QLD have not been able to hold a race in the last 7 months!

zen zen

Likes Dirt
Mate you are sounding like a complete spoiled brat. They cant control the weather no one can, if the bus cant get up then it cant get up. I was at the buller national round where it rained and was to windy to run saturday practice so the whole days practice was cancelled. Weather will always be that big factor with downhill and there will be no way around it.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If the fireroad is out of action you could always push your bike up the hill.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have Fun doing that, have you every tried it. You every tried it I have done it twice and never again lol:eek:
I have mate, back circa. 1998 - 2000 when I used to race downhill regularly there was never shuttles, even at state races. You had to find someone to drive you up, else you pushed up.

I agree with the comments before about 'spoilt brats'. The races are getting cancelled for a genuine reason, put yourself in the shoes of the organisers who have to think of the safety of everyone in the event, its a tough call but someone has to do it.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
If the fireroad is out of action you could always push your bike up the hill.
Groan. You should do the CORC club races. Almost all of them are push shuttles. Kowen and Majura are epically steep too

It is definately a piece of humble pie. I always appreciate a lift after that!

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Groan. You should do the CORC club races. Almost all of them are push shuttles. Kowen and Majura are epically steep too

It is definately a piece of humble pie. I always appreciate a lift after that!
Like I said in my post before there was a time when shuttles were not provided...going to Ourimbah nowdays and having a shuttle service is a luxury, I certainly don't mind forking out the cash and I always make sure I thank the driver! :)

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Mate you are sounding like a complete spoiled brat. They cant control the weather no one can, if the bus cant get up then it cant get up. I was at the buller national round where it rained and was to windy to run saturday practice so the whole days practice was cancelled. Weather will always be that big factor with downhill and there will be no way around it.
i was trying to ask what sort of alternatives are put in place in the case where this happens or if practice is completely called off. and i can assure you i am not a spoilt brat that expects to get shuttles every time i ride. most of the time i ride i do push runs and i am one of the main trail builders in my area and i have been involved in the process to get legal dh trails in my area. i dont expect it to all happen so easily