Ourimbah DH Build day..

BKelly

teh fast
Hey guys,

Was thinking of planning a build day/days to get the new line finished (which takes out a lot of flat/uphill) in 2 weeks time.

As the next club race is in 2 weeks, the question is, is 1 weeks notice enough? I.e build day next Sunday? Or would 3 weeks be better? But then gets closer to the state round and may not get finished in time. Ideally it would be good if we could have a build day next weekend and another in 3 weeks time...

The new line is probably 1/3-1/2 complete and would need at least 2-3 solid days with a good crew (8-12) to get completed for end of August (state round)

Completion of this work has been postponed due to lack of help but if we can get a good turn out for a couple of build days I'd be keen again.

This new line will make to whole track flow that much better and will require a lot less pedaling as the new line is all downhill!

Will talk to the club and see if we can get the BBQ/drinks provided the interest is high..

Any one keen????

BK

BKelly

teh fast
I could do next Saturday if that helps .
Awesome! Was thinking more Sunday as some people work Saturdays but if there are enough people that prefer Saturday I'd be happy to do both days...

Just need to get this new line finished!

Can people please reply to what day/days they prefer if they are keen to help out and post here!

Even if it's only for an hour or two...

BKelly

teh fast
I can do either of the two days and you can add two more with me who said they will come
Awesome mate, sounds good! I might be out there both days depending on how many people are keen on each day.

I will let everyone know here by Friday.

morticus

Likes Dirt
As my bike is currently forkless i will be keen to come down on Sunday. Pretty sure i will have another bloke with me as well. No offence to you brad but this is the first time i have seen a post requesting for help on the new section. People need to get there and help make this happen, as I definitely think pedalling is over rated.

BKelly

teh fast
As my bike is currently forkless i will be keen to come down on Sunday. Pretty sure i will have another bloke with me as well. No offence to you brad but this is the first time i have seen a post requesting for help on the new section. People need to get there and help make this happen, as I definitely think pedalling is over rated.
Sounds good mate!

It is the first time I have posted a build day for the new section. We had a few build days before we started the new section and only got 2-3 people turn up so didn't bother posting build days anymore.

Real keen just to get this finished (and hopefully have it ready for the state round) as it will be the biggest improvement to the track so far!

Hopefully we can get a big enough turn out and get it finished next weekend, doesn't need that much more work to be ridable...

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Stand and Deliver...

This is it - the big push, 2/3 of the line is in already.... Plan is get the rest in on the weekend, race it following weekend at the clubby and then spend time on it before the state race. Synergy are planning a weekend of machine work (later)- building features into the section once it has been benched and cleared by volunteers to which Synergy will be there standing side by side with the willing volunteers cutting in the rest of the trail section. This will undoubtedly be the most significant improvement yet to this trail.
So bring your tools, and get amongst it, be part of history - and eradicate uphill movement at one of NSW's iconic downhill trails..... once and for ever !!!!

Adrian.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Just shovel and such or do i bring my chainsaw? Might be time to buy another pick too, lost count how many have been pinched out of the bush...

BKelly

teh fast
Just shovel and such or do i bring my chainsaw? Might be time to buy another pick too, lost count how many have been pinched out of the bush...
Shovel should be fine mate! A pick or mattock would be cool if you can get one, there is a bit of benching to do in the last off camber section..

Is there a time to meet? And where abouts are people meeting up?
Will there be excavators or pozzie track/bob cats involved by any chance I'm ticketed if you need someone by chance....just putting it out there.
I will try for Saturday if I find someone to mind my child.
Sunday I can do.
I'll bring meself a maddock and shovel.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
I hope I don't get banned again haha :cheer2:

Hey Brad and Adrian I'm pretty sure I can only make Saturday til around lunch, any idea what time you'd be starting?

I can possibly rake the line out before others get there, is it still visible at all?

Cheers,

Jimmy.

BKelly

teh fast
No machines this weekend, don't need any just yet.

Will be out there by 9 at the latest, probably around 8.30.

The best way to find the new line is where you come off the fire road pedal go along the single track about 100-150 meters, there is a fire road that you cross (little step down just after the little pinch climb) if you go down that fire road about 20 meters the new line crosses there.

Looks like there will be an awesome turn out so should get it very much ridable this weekend and will be able to race it the following weekend.

Don't forget there will be a BBQ lunch put on by the club but bring plenty of water and your own tools.

My number is 0410 490 938 if you need to contact me but don't think there is much reception once we're out there.

Also bring a bike to have a ride test the new line out.

Cheers
Brad

pinnin

Likes Dirt
Hey Brad and crew,

Available saturday and possibly sunday, will be out there on saturday early (9am). Sounds like a good day to be had.