Ourimbah downhill 1 August wrap up and results

T-Rex

Template denier
It was a sensational day's racing in nearly ideal conditions. After all the rain the weather cleared for Sunday, the shuttle road held up and the track was tacky.

After the recent tweeks the track is a little faster than the last race, Brad Kelly set the fastest time at 3:14:03. And in what I think might be a first for Ourimbah, a couple of the boys did rolley runs, finishing in the low to mid 4 minutes without a pedal stroke!!

We had 108 entries and with four buses so everyone got plenty of runs.

We had our first attempt at displaying each categories results in real time at the finish, and had a few teething problems, but have figured out how to fix this, so we'll have this dialled for the next race. After that, we've got to figure out how to do split times!!

Results are attached (Thanks Adam!) and will be on the web site shortly. We have a bit of tidying up to do on the cumulative pointscore, so it won't be up for a few days.

Brad will be out on the weekend with the bob cat for a little bit more tweeking, so the track will be EVEN BETTER (if this is possible??) for the next race, which is 22 August.

Attachments

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Thanks to all the timers Wayno 2, Peter and Glen!! without you guys there would be no race.
The track is in awesome condition, thanks Brad and Adrian and anyone that may have helped.
Thanks to everyone who volunteers there time too make the race work.
I can't wait till the next 1! But I won't be here so hopefully it rains enuff to call it off for a week. :)

joekillen28

Likes Bikes
ourimbah track

Hey guys great weekend it was awesome. Just a sugestion or idea for the track. The pallet to pallet jump which is now dirt to pallet. When i come off the pallet landing and hit the fire road i seem to loose my speed, maybe a bit of dirt at the end of the pallet could solve this problem

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Hey guys great weekend it was awesome. Just a sugestion or idea for the track. The pallet to pallet jump which is now dirt to pallet. When i come off the pallet landing and hit the fire road i seem to loose my speed, maybe a bit of dirt at the end of the pallet could solve this problem
Will look at it on Saturday thanks for the feedback
Adrian.

adamd

Likes Dirt
Yep, great race day again.

The new ramp is solid as - just one question though... why didn't we build it gradually sloping the entire length of the fire-road? That way there'd be no flat to pedal :D

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Nice to the see the CTMBC guys up in the pointy end of U15, u17 and Masters 3 &4

Nice riding guys

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
only ridden this track once and it was pouring when i did, will make sure im up there on the 22nd for the next race. Never raced before might give it a crack!

BKelly

teh fast
Build Day

Hey guys,

Just so you know there is a build day this coming Saturday the 7/8/10.
We have the bobcat booked to build the bottom berms up and will be heading further up the track to do a few other things. If any of you can make it to lend a hand it would be great and mean we can get more stuff done before the next race in two weeks time.
If you can make it bring your bikes as we will also be riding and testing the changes.
We will be at the DH finish area from about 8am on.
Cheers
Brad

joekillen28

Likes Bikes
track

Just one other suggestion. At the end of the fire road the jump with the pallets on it, i think the landing needs a bit of work done to it. I kinda lost a fair bit of speed over that and then didnt have enough speed when i came off the fire road. Just another suggestion. Other than this the track is awesome, especially the bottom half.
joe

BKelly

teh fast
Just one other suggestion. At the end of the fire road the jump with the pallets on it, i think the landing needs a bit of work done to it. I kinda lost a fair bit of speed over that and then didnt have enough speed when i came off the fire road. Just another suggestion. Other than this the track is awesome, especially the bottom half.
joe
Yeah, we were talking about that Saturday before the race but had more important things to fix like the pallet landing onto the fire road. The pallets are only used when the puddle is there after it has rained, most of the time it is dry and you can just go straight through on the fire road. If I get time this Saturday after all the other work planned I want to reduce that crappy jump to more like a walk way (one pallet high) so you can just pedal across it.

Cheers

nathanC

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

Just so you know there is a build day this coming Saturday the 7/8/10.
We have the bobcat booked to build the bottom berms up and will be heading further up the track to do a few other things. If any of you can make it to lend a hand it would be great and mean we can get more stuff done before the next race in two weeks time.
If you can make it bring your bikes as we will also be riding and testing the changes.
We will be at the DH finish area from about 8am on.
Cheers
Brad
im in mate , see you there