Oxford falls maintenance day 28th December

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agree that signs are often useful but nowhere near as good as rule number 1 when riding a new trail.... always scope out lines before hitting them. Quite frankly hitting new lines blind is an accident waiting to happen
There is a sign on the new drop below Vegemite.
Very good idea.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have to agree with most people, myself being a good example in a lucky way. People need to know the track back to front and shuould always ride with someone. I have been riding oxford for a number of years. Last holidays I went for the 3rd time in a one week, did about two runs, always doing a first to check for track changes or fallen trees, then on the third on the most unlikely jump, crunch time, (the little hip after rock roll drop), I was tired and just didn't hip at all and when I landed my front end slid down the side of the not so wide lander into the rock and the next thing I know I'm on the ground while my bike goes bang and flies over my head. I got grazed and got away but my bike....well let's just say the front wheel didn't. Photo attached. Off the simplest jump done a thousand times before.

ps. I'm lucky it was my bike not myself. Get well Chuckie.

Last edited:

Sellen

NSWMTB
Today must have being cursed. I was there with 2 mates and both of them axed themselves cutting the ride short. No broken bones luckly just bruises and scratches.

Props to the builders. Most progressive riding i've done in Sydney so far.