Paleo and every other ridiculous fad!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
What the FUCK is with these fad diets and freaking Paleo. Now bear in mind I have done about 3 seconds of research into this but I am stunned to think this has caught on... Do people really need a tag or name for basically eating fresh food. Are they that emotionally starved they need a label to satisfy their lives?
Best thing to do is make up some random crap, get some B grade celebs on it, sell a lot of books and potions, and buy lots of carbon bits.

It's a fad, give it time, it'll disappear. The only diet that works is a well rounded and balanced diet that incorporates a bit of everything.

No surprises that we are living longer and human performance is steadily increasing certainly in part to a modern diet.

That's because Durian rider is a judgemental egostsitical mentally deficient waste of oxygen.
Scary people actually believe some of the crap he spouts. Internet is an amazing place, but it also gives morons like him a voice.

Last edited:

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
Haha, 100%. The amount of Crossfitters I see preaching about Paleo, while they're sucking down a Isagenix.... :spider:
Fixed.

I personally hate them too because if i'm at a social gathering at there's one Isagenix boffin they'll go above and beyond the realm of normal conversation to change the subject to Isagenix.

wombat

Lives in a hole
... look at my girlfriend, she's really hot, I eat lots of bananas, look at me...
Hah, a quick google suggests that their plan is something along the lines of "step 1: buy lots of bananas. Step 2: whatever you don't spend on banans, save for boob job."

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Straw man, Wtf?
My point was that cancer et al have always been a thing, yeah, it's almost certainly exacerbated by modern lifestyles (the flip side is that most of us will live to 80, rather than 30, due to advancements in healthcare)
Maybe pharma was joking like he claims, many aren't when they make silly similar claims. 'Noone died of cancer 100 years ago, they all died of old age/natural causes, must be the gummint!'
zero fucks given about what consenting adults do to their bodies, I just wish they would stop clogging up the health system. I am, however, outraged, as I recently was, when I watched a mum let her <12 month demolish almost a whole 600ml bottle of coke.

I give zero fucks what you all eat. I give <zero fucks about what people think of my choices and the justification to do so

Let's all enjoy another llama :llama:
... Possibly the most thoughtful, well constructed piece of expression I have read from you in the years I have lurked here.

To the guy who said I was intolerant dick or whatever the exact comment was. I am tolerant of many things, but condescension of others to your hospitality in your own home based upon a commercial gimmick cooked up by some self serving capitalist in another country. No.

The offer of dinner at my house will not be extended again.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Surely you know that palaeolithic man didn't suffer from cancer, diabetes or heart disease and that is most likely to do with their diet?
And due to the fact they were killed by whatever well before their use-by date means that the curse of living too old was not bestowed upon them.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not too sure many of you know much about the whole paleo diet.
Okay To Eat Avoid
Fruits Dairy
Vegetables Grains
Lean Meats Processed Food & Sugars
Seafood Legumes
Nuts & Seeds Starches
Healthy Fats Alcohol

There is an assumption that it is all about having bacon at every meal and eating as much meat as you can. When you delve into it, it's actually saying what everyone knows is true. Processed isn't great for you. Vegies are great for you so eat as much as you can.

The primal diet is also similar, except it is less strict and encourages dairy such as cheese.

I actually don't see anything in these that is massively radical. Bullet proof coffee is all types of good though!

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep, Harley is a complete tripper but this is so funny....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEJfJlvp4E

Main issue I have with what others eat is how it influences my kids. We are not super strict with their food intake but allow them very little sugar and pre packaged shit for school. Both have become more fussy with food since starting school and I would think this is in part from attitudes of other kids and seeing foods they eat.

My 8yr old asks for coke as a bit of a running joke, I always reply- yep when you are 16....

A few months ago we all got Macas cheese burgers (1st time in so many years for me), kids thought they tasted so bad they wouldn't eat them- super win.