Park Orchards 4X / Samaria Bikes (Melbourne)

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
16inch bike racing aswell???

Just a sugestion how about having a 16inch race aswell for all competitors like they used to have a Trafalgar, it was sick fun and a huge laugh...

Have a think about it, im sure heaps off guys have a 16inch lying around ready for some speedy racing :D

Cheers James :)

Jacko Wacko

Banned
VW NUT said:
Just a sugestion how about having a 16inch race aswell for all competitors like they used to have a Trafalgar, it was sick fun and a huge laugh...

Have a think about it, im sure heaps off guys have a 16inch lying around ready for some speedy racing :D

Cheers James :)
nope, i dont thinks so

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
Instead of using the bmx gate you should scrap the first strait as it is homo as fuk and run a standard MTNX gate off the top of the first berm and it should just drop into the second strait, would mean a shorter track and a proper MTNX gate. Well thats just my 2 cents. Sam said that the track would be modified in some way? what did he mean by that? different finish or cutting a section out??

Jacko Wacko

Banned
Duff_Man said:
Instead of using the bmx gate you should scrap the first strait as it is homo as fuk and run a standard MTNX gate off the top of the first berm and it should just drop into the second strait, would mean a shorter track and a proper MTNX gate. Well thats just my 2 cents. Sam said that the track would be modified in some way? what did he mean by that? different finish or cutting a section out??
we are shortening the track anyway so... nope

we have already organised everything, so nothing you say will change that

norco_maniac

Likes Dirt
how much have you modified the track? i have ridden there a few time and it wasnt that flash! im sure you would have fixed that anyway.:)

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
Hey jacko wako have u got a cock stuck in your ass or something mate, cause ur fukin attitude is shit! maybe u should just relax the fuk out and stop being such a fuk whit, it is a "forum", so people are going to put in their two cents and some ideas, dont mean you have to have a crack at them. For all you know old mate might be able to flog you around the track, so just because you are involved in helping dont mean you have to act all top shit and be a fuk wit to everyone.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Duff_Man said:
Hey jacko wako have u got a cock stuck in your ass or something mate, cause ur fukin attitude is shit! maybe u should just relax the fuk out and stop being such a fuk whit, it is a "forum", so people are going to put in their two cents and some ideas, dont mean you have to have a crack at them. For all you know old mate might be able to flog you around the track, so just because you are involved in helping dont mean you have to act all top shit and be a fuk wit to everyone.
And to ANYONE who thinks this sort of attitude/behaviour/language is acceptable here on Farkin, please just refer to Duff_Man's new custom title.

mtbforever

Likes Dirt
Yeah take that duff_man:p , today was a great turn out, i loved it, it was my first race and i came first in the finals may have only been in the beginners but that still a decent effort anyways the day was fun and that is the only thing that counts, more of these avents would be a good fun.
Cheers Adam

rhyno

Likes Dirt
Rhyno's race Report
I woke to a chilly but dry morning, always good to have no rain on a race day, so I was happy. Having packed the car and made the journey I arrived at Park Orchards around nine. Having not seen the track before I was happy to see that the jumps weren't all massive and that i may be able to clear one or two of them (i only cleared one of them ).Being my first 4X race, I registered myself in beginner class, and started practicing. I was OK on the first straight, could get to the first berm without looding too much on the other riders. The second straight wasn't too bad, but it was the third straight that lost it for me every time. Lots of little doubles and triples, and I can't yet jump properly, or manual so i just had to bomb through it. I really must learn to at least manual a bike.
So i ended up getting two 2nd's and two 3rds; only enough to put me in 10th place.
In the higher classes there were a few dubious bikes; 24" BMX cruisers with a 26" front wheel and front & rear brakes. Of course they were often out in front.
The highlight of the day was seeing Juzzy loose to a bloke who snapped his chain on the first berm, then proceeded to pump the jumps, and beat him. Juzzy was pedalling his arse off, other bloke was cruising. We all had a laugh though and it seemed that Juzzy didn't really care anyway.
Big thanks goes out to SMBP for hosting the first non national 4X race in Victoria for 18mths, and to Park Orchards BMX Club for allowing us to use their venue. Organisation was tops, as was the facility.
Thats all for now, and no, i didn't get any pics.
-Ryan

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hope everyone had fun!
Speaking of pics... give me a few mins... I have well over a hundred that i should have up in a just a bit. Im doing it right now to be exact. I will also post the full results too.

Jacko Wacko

Banned
today was great fun and a big success and next time i hope to see more of the on-lookers giving it a go next time even just to have some fun! later on we will probably have some more races there at park orchards/SMBP and we are also talking about a series with other bmx tracks so hopefully people stay interested!

as for Duff_man, sorry you think that about me but i really don't like people bagging my home track...

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok. I have put up a web gallery of my pics. The full results are also up. Go over to www.smbp.com.au and chect it out!

Im so tired after today, im going to go cook dinner now..
ps.. If you like a pic and want it in better quality email me and Ill send through the high res copy.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
rhyno said:
Rhyno's race Report
The highlight of the day was seeing Juzzy loose to a bloke who snapped his chain on the first berm, then proceeded to pump the jumps, and beat him. Juzzy was pedalling his arse off, other bloke was cruising. We all had a laugh though and it seemed that Juzzy didn't really care anyway.
-Ryan
If you had of had a ride on Juzzys bike you would have realised that he did a great job even getting to the finish line.. The back brake was pretty much locked on the whole time. If his back wheel actually spun it would have been a different story!