Park Orchards 4X / Samaria Bikes (Melbourne)

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
I think that you will find that the rules state that you need front and rear brakes, at least 3 working gears, and 26" wheels front and rear (not to sure on this, might just be one front 26" wheel and a wheel no smaller than a 24"). But, not even MTBA follow their own rules (this was quite apparent at sydney when you were allowed to race a bmx), so i guess it will be up to ben and sam.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
park orchards

The rules are not up to me and sam, the rules are set by mtba (even if we dissagree) and that means any bikes that dont have two brakes at least 3 gears and at least one 26 inch wheel ARE NOT covered by insurance in case of an accident or whatever as they are not classed as a mountain bike. If your bike doesnt have those requirements you cant enter. Yes its a pain in the ass, but we get our insurance from mtba, so we do what they tell us. As for that Sydney race where people rode 24" and 20" bikes, that is NOT mountain biking and we DONT want a repeat of that. Even though this is on a flat bmx track and not a sloped 4X track, its still mtba rules.

scottie

Likes Bikes
hey, umm i dont know where ringwood is, (im from canberra) is that in the middle of melbourne or the outer suburbs, i have no idea hey, and im keeno to race in elite. :)

|Matt|

Banned
I was there today.
Track needs work.
Ruts everywhere...in jumps..in between rhythems and full of water

Jacko Wacko

Banned
stpzeroridah said:
I was there today.
Track needs work.
Ruts everywhere...in jumps..in between rhythems and full of water
what do you expect it pissed down rain all week!!!

thats why we set in on a sunday because on the day before a race day we make it smooth

CrookS

Likes Dirt
bullshit front brakes i havent run a front brake for donkeys and i never plan to its 4x i dont wanna slow down. DONT MAKE ME BOYCOTT YOU BEN.. P.s HAte to spoil it for everyone with cruisers. IF THE RULES ARE STRICT ON FRONT AND REAR BRAKES MUST HAVE 26 front and back. sorry to be a pain boys i hate 24 inch (street riding fairys)

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Park Orchards

You dont need a brakes Cruickshank ive seen you ride you dont go fast enough. My 4x bike DOES NOT have a front brake either, but im putting one on for this race, so stop your bitching or go down the "bowl" for the day and eat doughnuts :)

tim_69

Likes Dirt
benmwatkins said:
The rules are not up to me and sam, the rules are set by mtba (even if we dissagree) and that means any bikes that dont have two brakes at least 3 gears and at least one 26 inch wheel ARE NOT covered by insurance in case of an accident or whatever as they are not classed as a mountain bike.
Ive got 26" wheels and i can chuck a front brake on. But my bikes SS does this mean i cant race?

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
brakes and gears and shit

Na I just read the rules FOR THIS SPECIFIC event. Two brakes and at least ONE 26" wheel. That is final cause the flyer is done with that stated on it.

Jacko Wacko

Banned
tim_69 said:
Ive got 26" wheels and i can chuck a front brake on. But my bikes SS does this mean i cant race?
yes you can... read the first page and you will see that i have already answered this question...

$tevo

Likes Bikes
can i race with ss

i have a P.2 (ss) can i still race????????

Duff_Man said:
I think that you will find that the rules state that you need front and rear brakes, at least 3 working gears, and 26" wheels front and rear (not to sure on this, might just be one front 26" wheel and a wheel no smaller than a 24"). But, not even MTBA follow their own rules (this was quite apparent at sydney when you were allowed to race a bmx), so i guess it will be up to ben and sam.

|Matt|

Banned
$tevo said:
i have a P.2 (ss) can i still race????????
lol Ash, thsi has been asked so many times.

You have a front brake? at least one 26 inch wheel?

You can race it. The MTBA rules do state 3 gears, but this event has seperate rules and allows SS