Parks 2025: Southern Flinders Ranges- Melrose SA $10M

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@Ackland, don't know if you heard. First loop, 18km in, right at the bottom of the back of the mountain.

My DH casing Argotal blew off the rim, casing deformed and the bead separated :oops:

I tried to inflate it 3 times with 25g Co2 cartridges, each time the bead popped, it went right over the side of the rim and blew off.

Put a tube in, inflated it but the bead didnt pop on, was able to ride it until about 2km before the end of the handbuilt section (home run), then the tyre popped off and the tube exploded. I had a 4km walk home after jumping the fence on Hidden Valley, got home at 5:30pm

Very lucky or it would have been a disaster... and a long push down Granny Greys to Hills Track.

Did it twice after this one without an issue.

yutryftuy.jpg

Mattyp

Cows go boing
@Ackland, don't know if you heard. First loop, 18km in, right at the bottom of the back of the mountain.

My DH casing Argotal blew off the rim, casing deformed and the bead separated :oops:

I tried to inflate it 3 times with 25g Co2 cartridges, each time the bead popped, it went right over the side of the rim and blew off.

Put a tube in, inflated it but the bead didnt pop on, was able to ride it until about 2km before the end of the handbuilt section (home run), then the tyre popped off and the tube exploded. I had a 4km walk home after jumping the fence on Hidden Valley, got home at 5:30pm

Very lucky or it would have been a disaster... and a long push down Granny Greys to Hills Track.

Did it twice after this one without an issue.

View attachment 403994
Rumour has it there's people riding it on 100mm forked hardtails with no tyre issues.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Rumour has it there's people riding it on 100mm forked hardtails with no tyre issues.
One of the blokes that rode it with me on the last loop I did was on an older Sworks epic, 100m squish and Maxxis Aspens :oops:

Also caught up to a well know singlespeeder.

A few people getting away with it, but breakdowns are on the cards. Just a stroke of bad luck with a defective tyre that happened to fail at the worst spot. A few minor crashes out there last weekend too.

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
One of the blokes that rode it with me on the last loop I did was on an older Sworks epic, 100m squish and Maxxis Aspens :oops:

Also caught up to a well know singlespeeder.

A few people getting away with it, but breakdowns are on the cards. Just a stroke of bad luck with a defective tyre that happened to fail at the worst spot. A few minor crashes out there last weekend too.
Funny how the opening of a new trail seems to induce a spike of crashes.