party pills.

RCOH

Eats Squid
I'd like someone to direct me to a study that shows alcohol is safer than LSD.
It could be a struggle
It is impossible to state accurately whether one is safer than the other. Not only are they 2 completely different drugs, there has not been (to my knowledge) a comprehensive comparision between the two. Any study done would have to have a very large sample size and run many years, I would say decades, to even give an inkling of comprehensive result. Not to mention how one would even compare alcohol to LSD???

And then there is the complete subjectivity of the word 'safe'. I mean, I might have hurt my self more while pissed but has excessive LSD use affected my life in a more negative way?

If you are saying that Alcohol kills more people annually than LSD then that is like saying Lamborghinis are safer than Toyotas.

The topic of safety between illegal psychoactive hallucigens and the one legal depressant is, for all intents & purposes, a moot point.

Arete

Likes Dirt
In terms of direct mortality/physiological side effects, LSD is far safer than alcohol. This is related to both the gap between effective dose and the LD50 (the point at which 50% of people will die from overdose), and the physical side effects of prolonged exposure to non lethal doses.
The gap for LSD is very very large - an effective dose of LSD is less than half a millilitre and the LD50 is almost half a litre. For alcohol, the gap is much smaller (for other drugs, such as injectable opiates, it's much smaller again). As such it's effectively impossible to overdose on LSD, whereas it is possible to overdose on alcohol.
As a result of the extremely low effective dose, long term LSD usage has negligible physiological side effects, where as alcohol has substantial physiological side effects - such as brain damage, liver damage etc.

What this doesn't take into account is indirect mortality - jumping off a building because LSD hallucinations make you think you can fly, or stumbling in front of a truck because you're too pissed to walk straight.
It also doesn't take into account the psychological side effects of both drugs. Things that you experience whilst hallucinating can have as traumatic effect on ones psychology as the imaginary event actually occurring. Hence people can suffer severe and life long PSD as a result of a "bad trip". Alcohol can impair judgment and lead to psychological damage due to the user making choices that affect them whilst sober.
A third risk is the way the drug is active in the body. While alcohol remains in the blood stream and is effectively metabolised by the kidneys and liver, LSD can be stored in lipoid tiusse in the body and released into the blood stream at a significantly later date, resulting "acid flash backs".

As hopefully this demonstrates the risks of hallucinogens and depressants used in a recreational sense are exceptionally difficult to quantitatively compare directly :)

dom101

Likes Dirt
ehhh, i think i'll steer well away from this from reading the comments.
on a similair note.

last weekend i took 5 no-doze mixed down with one of thsoe new 'red bull shots' before drinking and i was well and truelly spazzing out for more than 4 hours, only side effect was lack of sleep but i did get a few decent hours snooze in the end anyway.

Arete

Likes Dirt
ehhh, i think i'll steer well away from this from reading the comments.
on a similair note.

last weekend i took 5 no-doze mixed down with one of thsoe new 'red bull shots' before drinking and i was well and truelly spazzing out for more than 4 hours, only side effect was lack of sleep but i did get a few decent hours snooze in the end anyway.
Cause the increased pulse rate, erratic ECG current and anaemic blood characteristics caused by large doses of caffiene didn't happen to you at all (or did you just mean it didn't give you a hangover?)
Large doses of caffiene can be fatal in the unlikely event you have an underlying cardiovascular condition. If you fall into that category it's likely that hitting up heroin woud be safer than what you did. For most of us, a single big dose of caffeine will have negligible long term effects.

Drugs are everywhere, they all have side effects and relative risks - there's no such thing as a side effect free drug. Whether those risks are worth it for a good time is subjective matter but thinking it's risk free is dumb.

As for party pills - I did my MSc in New Zealand and hit them up a couple of times - from my undertanding they expolit a legal loop hole whereby some forms of Benzylpiperazine (BZP)are legally sold as appetite suppressants. BZP is from the "free basic" group of serotonin reputake supressors with similar physiological activity to MDMA or amphetine, and similar side effects - long term amphetaine users cannot distinguish between BZP and dextroamphetamine.

I found the few I took ranged from having negligible effect to having pretty full on effects - including an amphetamine style come down. I don't like amphetamine style drugs, I wouldn't take them again.

Last edited:

dom101

Likes Dirt
I did mean that it didnt have any hangover characteristics just the loss of sleep but obviously thats the intended use of the things.
I'm aware that Od'ing on caffiene can be lethal, i consume around 2 cans of energy drink a day anyway, i'm aware it's not a healthy lifestye but ehh.

jackmac91

Likes Dirt
That's some interesting shit you've posted up there, Arete.
Makes sense to me (not that I have much of an education on the subject)
Love to know where you learned all that?

Arete

Likes Dirt
That's some interesting shit you've posted up there, Arete.
Makes sense to me (not that I have much of an education on the subject)
Love to know where you learned all that?
I've got a few biology degrees and know a few biochemists.

As an interesting side note, they've recently begun experimental trials in treating Alzheimer's with LSD....

Last edited:

Ducky Punk

Banned
Most pills you buy unless you have a good relationship with your dealer will probably cut up or instead of what you want there are just heroin or ice

Basically dont buy pills but search around and find someone that sells legit MDMA powder and buy that

And remember use in moderation

Last edited:

Leo001

Cannon Fodder
All partygoers want to enjoy their best during party nights. To make them more active and live people uses herbal pills or party pills that are best as the ingredients in it will increase your energy level and keep you active for hours. These pills are extracted from natural herbs and hence there is less to no side effects, it is also safe to mix with alcohol.