Paterson 24HR

So has any one done the paterson 24hr? I'm guessing its not as big as say the mont, but it looks like a lot of fun. defiantly going to try and get a team ready asap so i can enter.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
So has any one done the paterson 24hr? I'm guessing its not as big as say the mont, but it looks like a lot of fun. defiantly going to try and get a team ready asap so i can enter.
Yup did it last year, it's definitely not as big as the Mont but it's a super fun and chilled out event. Last year there was plenty of camping on track for just about everyone (none of this camping miles from transition), a bonfire at night and hot showers. The track was super fun, a big climb in the first half but that meant a super fun and long descent all the way back to camp in the second half of the lap. It's a local HMBA club run event as a fund raiser for the local Paterson community, so the community is backing the event.

I can recommend dinner at the pub on the Friday night... yum

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
Def worth going. Super chilled, challenging, rewarding and we had a massive fire last year. The descent on the second half of the course is awesome.

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
See youse all in two weeks.
It's a great race.
The first half goes up and the second half goes down :)
2nd best bonfire in the business!

agk7

Likes Bikes
Ross any big changes to the course from last year? One of the best mtb course I've ever ridden and can't wait to get back there next week!!

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Ross any big changes to the course from last year? One of the best mtb course I've ever ridden and can't wait to get back there next week!!
There might be a few small ones:
1. The Seasame St A-line and adjacent trail area might need to go - there seems to be a random soggy spot out there that will make lots of people and drive trains sad.

2. There was a fast steep fire road descent half way down the hill that will be re-routed so people don't become a hood ornament on vehicles accessing the road. The single track replacement will be longer and way more fun than bombing a fire road so everyone wins. Except maybe Jeebus who excels at fire trail descents ;)

3. The last 100m of trail to return to the camp site has had a bull dozer through it so will be re-jigged a little.

agk7

Likes Bikes
Seasame St A line was pretty wet last year too. The fire road you talk of that would be the 40k+ section at the end of which you dart off to the right into some of the narrowest single track on course, understand your thinking but that was a bit of a highlight for me.

this should bring back some good memories for those who have raced there.

P1050382.JPG

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
he fire road you talk of that would be the 40k+ section at the end of which you dart off to the right into some of the narrowest single track on course, understand your thinking but that was a bit of a highlight for me.

View attachment 234283
Yeah, That was a highlight for me too. I'll try and set it up so you still come into it way to hot which should help keep you awake in the middle of the night.

agk7

Likes Bikes
Yeah, That was a highlight for me too. I'll try and set it up so you still come into it way to hot which should help keep you awake in the middle of the night.
Definately not a spot for a snooze!! what's the weather been like up there, looks good this week but maybe some rain coming through next?

lordflog

Likes Dirt
A few trail changes finalised yesterday. Ross, Tim, B-rad, & "the Super Snipper Man" Brian have worked their magic & it is looking absolutely sensational at the moment! Trail conditions are great, in fact i would almost say better than last year.

The camping area is nice & open, & again will have the track rolling through it for those that like to heckle the opposition from the comfort of their camp chairs (oh, that's me!). B-rad has also put the hours in on the dingo to sort out a bitching pump track for the friday night after pub session. Once it beds in I expect there'll be a lot of fun to be had there over the weekend for kids big & small.

Entries are still open, so if you're still thinking about entering, do it now - the descent will make it all worth while!

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alright - I reckon they're rolling. Anyone volunteering to provide some updates? Maybe occasionally post some results?

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Awesome event, track was sweet. Vibe on the track was as friendly as it gets and there was Fireworks.

Great two days of racing guys, well done to the podium getters and I'll be back next year.