Paterson Kona 24 Hour - May 21/22, 2011.

lordflog

Likes Dirt
Some of that trail is so smooth it's super fast, with options to hit up some technical 'all mountain' style alternative lines if you have the chops.

It's going to suit riders of all ability levels, with sections that'll test you, and other bits that are all about the grins! :cool:

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Those tracks are looking good.

I think I need to try and make the 3 hour.

Will Rocky share his backyard?

lordflog

Likes Dirt
Rossco, I note that you failed to sweep off the leaves in the berm runout shot before you took the photo. I'll have to deduct points for that ;)

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Entry Process issues

Tried to enter two teams. Neither worked.

I'm a MTBA member. I'm the captain of Team 1. It tried to charge me $20 for a day licence, despite me logging in as a MTBA member and entering my MTBA number. I ignored it and continued thinking it will be an error.

I then added the other 3 members, 2 of which are also MTBA members.

Finished adding everyone and now there is nowhere to pay? I have logged in several times, using firefox and ie and I can't find anywhere for me to actually pay for the entry.

Tried adding another team, this time the Team captain isn't a member. Same issues in terms of payment. There was a payment pop up once, but I hadn't entered all members so waiting until I'd added all team members and then no payment?

Problem with this team entery is, I can't retrieve it as the captain wasn't a MTBA member so can't log in and get My Events.....

I reckon it'd be worth clubs dealing with registernow directly and bypassing MTBA. Their website has issues.

lordflog

Likes Dirt
Hi Bushranger

MTBA forwarded a copy of your query through today. I'll have a look at it & get back to you via the email address you supplied MTBA.

Not sure what has happened in this case, but I'm sure we can sort you out nice & quick.

rudiger

Squid
if your licence expires before the event, it will charge you for the day licence, but i believe you will be refunded on the day if your licence is renewed before the race

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
if your licence expires before the event, it will charge you for the day licence, but i believe you will be refunded on the day if your licence is renewed before the race
mmm, that seems a silly way to do it. Why not ask for proof of membership renewal on the day. If they don't have it or can't show it, they pay.

Seems a pain for the registration staff to have to refund people.

(or considering the database is linked to MTBA it should just be updated automatically)

I'm not that worried about the whole thing . I know it will be sorted either way.

Gnarly one

Likes Bikes
Rego closed

Damn! Finally got commitment from other riders and went to enter tonight - and website says rego is closed!!

Such a shame, it's a local event for me too. :(

I guess I will need to try to get onto a team if someone pulls out, or buy an unwanted team entry...

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Damn! Finally got commitment from other riders and went to enter tonight - and website says rego is closed!!

Such a shame, it's a local event for me too. :(

I guess I will need to try to get onto a team if someone pulls out, or buy an unwanted team entry...
Hmmm, It must be a glitch in the online rego as rego certainly isn't closed. I'll investigate and report back but rest assured you will still get to ride it.

EDIT: Rego's should be up and running again.

Last edited:

QZ13

Likes Dirt
RE - Junior Racing at this weekends HMBA Paterson 3 hour

Most of our juniors that usually race graded XC should enjoy the 3 hour this weekend as there is lots of fun to be had on all manner of trail features at Paterson.

But for the juniors that usually ride the 2 "orange" laps at Awaba, we will have a shortened version of the main loop on offer that doesn't use any of the climbs. This race will still be ran as a 2 lap race. There is also lots of fun sections to ride on this loop.

Hopefully, I can get all the interested juniors together for a 10.30 start for this race.

driftmonkey

Likes Bikes
what a track.

only going to get better with the rain this arvo. those that are comming for the 24 are going to have fun. just make sure you bring your legs. some good climbs, followed by some awsum decents. :)

ronster44

Likes Dirt
what a track.

only going to get better with the rain this arvo. those that are comming for the 24 are going to have fun. just make sure you bring your legs. some good climbs, followed by some awsum decents. :)
I`ll second that I`ll vote Mr pi11wizard king of the world and a big ups to all the trail builders hang on I was one so big ups to me :)

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Just a few things to fix and it'll be a wonderful course.

Few bits where if you lose it you hit barbed wire. Just need to wack some tyres or something in front of the barbed wire. (Particularly the decent coming back down after Tuesday hill climb where you go through the broken fence. At night, real risk of hitting the barbed wire).

I managed to remove a large rock in AK's with my front wheel! Thank me later :):)

Did anyone make it around without having to get off. I know the a stack of A and B graders had to get off numerous times.

Or are courses not really designed to be ridden the whole way and it's a given you have to get off no matter who you are?

Not sure if it's a good course for a 24 hour (dark/night) race - we'll see! :):):):)

Take your granny gears - actually, just take your granny so she can push your bike when you have to walk up hill! :):)

My first race with the club - unreal. Very relaxed and no fuss! Love it.