PICS: 2009 Giants

curly123

Likes Dirt
Thats labelled the 08 stp....
This leaves me wondering what those other photos of the Giants that look like Ironhorse's are of? 2010?
OR maybe, most radical thought ever, to cover up the new ironhorses they have asked to label them as giant during testing :eek::eek: haha conspiracy!
have a look at the giant web sit it has the 08 model http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-AU/bikes/mountain/1129/29608/ and then the 09 models http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-AU/bikes/mountain/2175/31852/

Lorday

Eats Squid
Oh my, those first shots of the new GLORY w/ full sanit gear are pure awsome, words can not explain the way I feel only acouple of couple similie faces: (in a timeline from opening up and examerning the glorys's)
:);):rolleyes::D:eek::cool:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
IM LIKING THE NEW JUMP RANGE TOO! is that new Brass bike lyk the new replacement for the AC? i was always under the impression that the Reign X range was taking over for the AC??
The AC/VT/NRS bikes were each replaced by the Reign/Trance and Anthem. The Brass looks to be a completely new train of thought...maybe along the lines of the Kona Cowan DS?

Im not going to speculate to much as I believe these are overseas models...though generally, in the higher-specced models, there is little difference...

Matt H

Eats Squid
Is the Brass a slopestyle concept?
That's what I was thinking at first, but looking at the spec of it, its more akin to the single pivot bighits that spesh brought out a few years ago. Just a cheap, sturdy fs bike for the groms I reckon...

Viv92

Eats Squid
The new Reign's spec is dialled if that's what we get in Australia. Glory looks nice, I think more people will start using Michelins if they come stock with them...

Glory looks like that custom one for sale second hand, but with no polished bits.

pekel

Likes Bikes
maybe concepts

not too kill all the joy but they might just be concepts. the new stp 2 is purple with white stem, white rims, white forks and blue handlebars. i didnt see it any of those pics. Just my thoughts

kerr.box

Likes Bikes
these bikes look to me like they are the american ones? because on the giant.au site the stps are different? correct me if i am wrong :D

GeoffRidesBikes

Likes Dirt
The brass just looks like a poverty-pack STP. Kind of an oxymoron, I know, but bear with me.

The black and red ReignX looks appealing. I'm wondering if the Glory 8's have shed a pound or two? They look nice.

I also like all of the Marz paint schemes there.

McPete

Likes Dirt
Looks like they've changed the linkage a bit on the Glory this year. Wonder if that'll just be a cosmetic and money saving measure, or if they're actually chasing something worthwhile there.

The Brass(es)... Hmm. Grom mobiles? Maybe. I looked a the dual suspension ones and immediately thought of the Kona Bass though. Or they could just be a bike we don't see here, like the Pistol series.
Meh.

Also; You'll notice that the white, SS STP is the STP 0. Which hasn't been announced here.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
From what I can see, the only back that had been substantially upgraded is the Glory.

It seems as if all the other bikes are looking good, but not performing to standard. Infact i think the other have been downgraded spec wise!

*EDIT*

and immediately thought of the Kona Bass
Well, Brass, Bass, kinda sound the same! LOL Atleast look the same when you are speedreading.

Last edited:

GeoffRidesBikes

Likes Dirt
The Brass' rear brake line goes through the headset gyro stylez on one of the photos.
Also, lol, nice work on putting cables and hoses in on this photo:

Last edited: