Piercings

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Piercing + men = SHIT.

: )

Disclaimer - IMO.
I agree, try hard little f***ers, killing the soul of it for the core piercers.
But then again, encouraging and making diverse anti normal things normal can have it's benefits. I never liked the whole 'look at me' trip of piercings and Tatts that most punters have, taking from the truly inspirational individuals by nullifying it with repeditiveness. I take my hate of to any fashion/style that can't really be capitalised on by mass production though, and something that does lean on individual though.
IMO

Last edited:

pryaz

Likes Dirt
I didn't do it to 'fit in'.
I generally like the look of small studs in left ear so I got one.
Stretchers/huge diamonds don't look that good in my opinion.

|Matt|

Banned
Getting my ears pierced tomorrow, is it cool to get it done at a chemist with a gun? Or is it better to get it done with a needle at a proper piercing joint?

It will be in the lobes, not the cartilage. I'd much prefer to get it done at a chemist for $15 than a professional piercer for $40, but if I need to, I will.

GOD12A

Likes Dirt
Getting my ears pierced tomorrow, is it cool to get it done at a chemist with a gun? Or is it better to get it done with a needle at a proper piercing joint?
Piercing joint for sure. Most "proper" piercers are qualified nurses anyways so they know what a sterile environment is, not some backyard chemist!! PLUS a piercing place will give you ideas where of your next puncture may be ;) hehehee

Mark :)
PS: whats $40 compared to $15 when its your body?? You wouldnt go to the same amount of effort for sub-par drugs to out into your body, so why get sub-par piercings!!

|Matt|

Banned
Piercing joint for sure. Most "proper" piercers are qualified nurses anyways so they know what a sterile environment is, not some backyard chemist!! PLUS a piercing place will give you ideas where of your next puncture may be ;) hehehee

Mark :)
PS: whats $40 compared to $15 when its your body?? You wouldnt go to the same amount of effort for sub-par drugs to out into your body, so why get sub-par piercings!!
Even for lobes, though? I can understand that you'd need a sharp object to pierce through cartilage, but for lobes, surely the gun would be alright (if I pay for a professional piercer, I can only get one done today and only buy half of a birthday present for my mum hahaha).

GOD12A

Likes Dirt
$40ea?!?! You sure??
Usually itll be only a tad extra for both...
$80 compared to $30 is a bit of a difference, i see your point. Id ring and double check the piercing place before making a decision :)

Mark!!

Even for lobes, though? I can understand that you'd need a sharp object to pierce through cartilage, but for lobes, surely the gun would be alright (if I pay for a professional piercer, I can only get one done today and only buy half of a birthday present for my mum hahaha).

|Matt|

Banned
$40ea?!?! You sure??
Usually itll be only a tad extra for both...
$80 compared to $30 is a bit of a difference, i see your point. Id ring and double check the piercing place before making a decision :)

Mark!!
Yeah man, I'm talking about Off Ya Tree though, and apparently people have bad experiences with their piercings though?

I might give some other shops a call and let it go for a few days till I find somewhere decent. All my mates are like just do it yourself 'cos they did theirs, but I prefer to keep my body free of tetanus and Hepatitis.

pliskin

Likes Dirt
i recommend getting them done in a professional piercing studio .
the stud gun is basically forcing a blunt spike through your ear lobe, which essentially tears the skin and takes a lot longer to heal.

using a very sharp sterile needle , doesnt hurt near half as much either.

for the record i have had ears pierced with needles, gun and a safety pin.

|Matt|

Banned
i recommend getting them done in a professional piercing studio .
the stud gun is basically forcing a blunt spike through your ear lobe, which essentially tears the skin and takes a lot longer to heal.

using a very sharp sterile needle , doesnt hurt near half as much either.

for the record i have had ears pierced with needles, gun and a safety pin.
Yeah I know how they both work, but like, I was just concerned about some of the stuff I read online about the gun and how unhygienic it can be. I didn't end up getting it done, and ended up buying better birthday presents for two friends and bought my mum dinner and drinks for her birthday tonight.

I'll probably get them needle pierced somewhere in the next couple of weeks once my funds re accumulate :).

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd get them done via needles/ alot more hygeinic and quicker in healing. I've got stretched lobes , stretched nipple and an industrial piercing. They all look well, in my eyes. My girlfriend likes them too. Don't forget with piercings to let them fully heal before abusing them other wise you will get keyloid(?) scaring which in the end you will have to remove the jewellry. Always clean them too.

GOD12A

Likes Dirt
I didn't end up getting it done, and ended up buying better birthday presents for two friends and bought my mum dinner and drinks for her birthday tonight.

I'll probably get them needle pierced somewhere in the next couple of weeks once my funds re accumulate :).
Good work mate :)

Mark!!

TKTGBA

Banned
Got my lip done today, pretty happy with how it turned out.

Next week should be putting 16mm spikes in each. :)

|Matt|

Banned
TKTGBA, I still think the one on the left is higher than the right :p. My labret on the other hand, is perfectly placed ;) hahha.

|Matt|

Banned
Haha take it outside guys, don't ruin the thread. If it were a less established and less helpful thread then I'd join in, but yeah, this thread is actually helpful and informative :).

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alright Matt, I'll be nice.

I'm looking to get some bites, like TKTGBA's. Actually, pretty much the exact same positioning and everything, come to think of it. Is there anything I should know that the piercer's not going to tell me?