Pit Pro Problems

KOBI42

Likes Bikes
Im buying a pitt pro 125 off a mate,but i went and had a look over it the otherday and tryed to kick it over but it wouldnt. He recons he can get it working for me though.
I then relised that petrol was leeking out off the carby bit. it didnt have the filter on it at the time, but that wouldnt affect it would it? my mate said it should just need a service.
So is the whole thing rooted or will a service just fix it up
C&C would be appreciated

cheers kobi ;)

Last edited:

skivi

Likes Dirt
pretty vague description matey.

is it a genuine 'Pit Pro' or a Chinese knock-off? you don't sound very mechanically savvy, if it's an expensive bike and you want something to ride often and ride hard, not just a shed ornament find a friend or relative that knows a thing or two and have them look at it and ride it. if the bloke wont get it going well before he sells haggle hard.

next time you see the bike
1) put in some fresh fuel
2) drain old oil from the gearbox (check for residue/colour), replace with fresh stuff
3) check spark plug, hows it say the bike is running? is spark strong?
4) check air filter, is it a cleanable kind? if so- clean it, if not- replace it
5) get a multimeter onto the battery and see how it's holding up
6) carby leak could be a number of things, might need a new set of seals, bolts might need a tightening, throttle valve/slide needs a look at maybe
7) check for play in the wheels, forks, headtube bearings, swingarm and rear shock.
8) check chain and sprockets

man the list goes on and on. you sound young, be careful with your hard earned, i had a racing Go-Ped once, i thought it'd be the best thing ever, in the end i rode it about 6 times illegally and lost money on it when i sold it. spend money to make money.

skivi

Likes Dirt
tryed to kick it over but it wouldnt
did it not kick-over at all? as in has the piston seized in the cylinder or will the kick-start lever move freely but the bike just wont fire?

if it's the first run away or give him $50 for it, if it's the second check battery, check spark, check the cylinder for fuel mix then kick away.

matt123

Likes Dirt
I got a cheap chinese pit pro and had exactly the same problem. Petrol was leaking everytime it started. we just had to pull apart the carby and the little floating thing was jammed in one spot, and so we pulled it out and put it all back together again. The carby thing was pretty simple so you probably wont stuff it up if you pull it apart.

EDIT: But mine actually started

floody

Wheel size expert
Could be stuck float + fuel tap left on = fuel all over the show.

IF it is the above, then particles sticking the float/float needle could well be blocking other orifices and impeding operation.

However...diagnosing something like this over the net is like giving a haircut over the phone.

Complete new carbs for these things can be had for the price of a six-pack of decent beer. I wouldn't even pull it apart, personally.

Last edited:

KOBI42

Likes Bikes
I got a cheap chinese pit pro and had exactly the same problem. Petrol was leaking everytime it started. we just had to pull apart the carby and the little floating thing was jammed in one spot, and so we pulled it out and put it all back together again. The carby thing was pretty simple so you probably wont stuff it up if you pull it apart.

EDIT: But mine actually started

I might just doo that, and a mate from school said recons he'll give a old carby, so ill try clean it and get the sticky bits out.
but if that dont work ill swap the carbys, coz i dont really want to take it to the shop already and waste money if i can fix it myself.
thanks everyone for C&C, might have to keep you posted but ;)

Battler

Likes Dirt
pretty vague description matey.

is it a genuine 'Pit Pro' or a Chinese knock-off? you don't sound very mechanically savvy, if it's an expensive bike and you want something to ride often and ride hard, not just a shed ornament find a friend or relative that knows a thing or two and have them look at it and ride it. if the bloke wont get it going well before he sells haggle hard.
After owning a Pitpro 125cc i can tell you that Pit Pro is 100% CHINESE made. I wouldnt be paying more than $400 max and that all depends on condition. If its brand new condition then maybe a tad more depending on hours done.

Luckily when i got mine it worked perfectly and never had any problems for the short period of time i had it but i could imagine them falling apart quite quickly. I would spend the money and get a more renowned brand, it will cost you but you will have mechanical support and access to parts. Its alot to do with you pay for what you get.

First thing i would do is strip it, flush it out and completely re oil it checking all bolts and bearings as they have a habbit for loosening easily (locktight), pretty much just check and double check.

Other than that not much more to say, there.

iridemtbs

Likes Bikes
hey kobi,
should get chase to have a look at it and if you need to buy any new parts for it he could get you some if you like desperately need them because of where he works:)

catch ya buddy(Y)

JC

shore_2

Likes Dirt
I would weigh the bike first, then work out how much it would be worth in scrap metal and pay your mate no more than that.

Those bike's are crap.

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would weigh the bike first, then work out how much it would be worth in scrap metal and pay your mate no more than that.

Those bike's are crap.
+6000 shore_2 knows how much shit I have gone through with mine, and now it sits there idle because it's faked. However I am buying another one, but I'm only paying $50:p

mighty.andy

Likes Dirt
I didn't think it was a Chinese knock-off? The kid bought it for $1200, a few years back... He rode it very hard for the time that he had it.

When he first bought he didn't wear it in as much as he should of, he wore it in for a full tank of petrol, then on the second tank, he pretty much rode it as if he was Chad Reid.

+ The kid that owns it is pretty crazy! :)

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't think it was a Chinese knock-off? The kid bought it for $1200
That's a pretty normal price for people to pay for these bikes, thinking somehow paying more makes it better, when really it just gets you a similar quality bike for more money.

KOBI42

Likes Bikes
well im only paying $150 for it, but mum recons i should buy a car now.
but i want it so i can go away riding and have more fun :)
there only cheap to replace parts and service yeah?

fairy1

Banned
Does it have spark? You should test it by wetting your lawn first, hold the lead in your hand(no shoes or thongs) and get a mate to kick it over. If you feel a slight tingle you have a spark and that isn't causing your to carby leak fuel.

KOBI42

Likes Bikes
hey kobi,
should get chase to have a look at it and if you need to buy any new parts for it he could get you some if you like desperately need them because of where he works:)

catch ya buddy(Y)

JC

yeah i already thought of kidnapping him to gett it running perfect,
and hold him ransom for parts:cool:

KOBI42

Likes Bikes
Does it have spark? You should test it by wetting your lawn first, hold the lead in your hand(no shoes or thongs) and get a mate to kick it over. If you feel a slight tingle you have a spark and that isn't causing your to carby leak fuel.

or maby i could use a multi-meter instead?