Pivot Firebird XT/XTR 2017

ButtersNZ

Squid

I bought the Firebird because it offered the best compromise between DH and climbing ability. Shuttle services in my town are expensive and all the best trails require a good 600+ m of high grade climbing! I've only changed a few items from Pivot's spec. If I had more money there would be a set of Zelvy hoops on there - otherwise I'm stoked!

Frame
- Pivot Firebird XL
Rear shock - Fox Float X2 w/climb switch
Front shock/fork - Fox 36 Fit4 w/MRP ramp control cartridge
Handlebars - Renthal Fatbar 35mm carbon
Stem - Renthal Apex 33mm
Headset - Pivot OEM
Grips - Ergon GE1
Saddle - Nukeproof AM
Seatpost - Fox Transfer 150mm
Front brake - Saint M820 w/metallic pads and XTR 203mm rotors
Rear brake - Saint M820 w/organic pads and XTR 180mm rotors
Cranks - Raceface Aeffect 175mm
Chainguide - OnOne Components
Chain - XTR 11 speed
Pedals - Brendog DMR Vault
Rear derailleur - XTR medium cage 11 speed
Rear shifter - XT M8000
Cassette - XT M8000
Front hub - DT Spline
Rear hub - DT Spline w/36t ratchet upgrade
Front rim - DT Swiss M1700
Rear rim - DT Swiss M1700
Tyres - 2.35" Schwalbe Magic Mary Trailstar (F), 2.35" Schwalbe Rock Razor SG Trailstar (R)
Total weight - 13.5 kg

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

It is such a clean looking bike (Also, GO PIVOT for making an XL that doesn't look friggen weird)!!! Except for that one cable!
I don't have any issues with the old loop underneath the Bottom Bracket style of routing, but used to them emerging right at the bottom of the downtube and then just create a nice loop together before entering the rear triangle.

Don't think you need to change a thing!

I had a Talas on my Slash for New Zealand, and I am so glad I had the dual position option because of climbs exactly like that. Didn't use any shuttles in my time there, and some of those steep segments having the lower front end was a godsend for pedalling position. Never really understood the appeal of the dual position forks until that trip.

ButtersNZ

Squid
Thanks everyone! No snags on the cable loop yet but i suppose it's possible. And yes, it's a long bike. Still handles itself well unless things get super tight and technical. It just loves pointing downhill! I'm 6'2"/188cm and with a short stem it's perfect for me. Could easily handle a much taller rider too.

Reactions: Zaf
Z

Zaf

Thanks everyone! No snags on the cable loop yet but i suppose it's possible. And yes, it's a long bike. Still handles itself well unless things get super tight and technical. It just loves pointing downhill! I'm 6'2"/188cm and with a short stem it's perfect for me. Could easily handle a much taller rider too.
Nothing has ever, or will ever, snag there. Just a visual error, not a practical one. The bike does have a really nice "stance" to it, even standing still.

Action shots when?