STOLEN Pivot M4X

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's right folks, some arsehole stole my bike between about 5:00pm and 6:15pm while I was working. It was locked up in Wheeler Place, Newcastle. I found the lock in a lane way near by, with a neat cut through it, but there was no sign of the perpetrator/s. A photo is below for your visual reference, the key details are:
- Pivot M4X
- Fox Talas 36 120/160 (the now rare 110x20mm axle)
- Sun mtx33 rims on blue hope pro2 hubs (26 inch of course)
- Schwalbe table top tyres
- XT brakes
- Saint Crank
- Green grips and pedals
- SRAM 1x10 speed (x0 shifter to x9 derailleur).

If you see it around...I'm a rewarding kind of guy.

Attachments

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
That sucks poodle. Something like that should pop up around the place and be noticed.

Make sure you jump on that stolen bike vault thingy site...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sorry to hear that. Keep an eye out at the usual suspects places to off load a bike. It might turn up.

Will need a true unsexy pub bike with bolted on parts, no QRs etc.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thank you for your condolences in this difficult time. With 26 being so hard to find in quality and robustness suitable to my style of riding, this is a big blow.

FFS. There are too many scumbags in this world. Good luck with getting it back in one piece.
I'd say it was at a chop shop with in an hour or two of going missing. Judging by the clean cut through the lock and the raid taking place with (lingering) day light in a busy public area of high pedestrian traffic, filled with cameras, and a security patrol I'd he wagering this was a prepared individual.

Will need a true unsexy pub bike with bolted on parts, no QRs etc
Nobody ever says that to people that own fancy cars..."maybe if you didn't drive a Mercedes everywhere..." I do too many kms every day to ride a shitter. I rely on the bike to get everywhere, so it needs to be reliable every time. I know the risks and take precautions to prevent this sort of thing from happening, but unfortunately some times it does. Life is too short for shit bikes.

Sorry for your loss.
Its going to be hard to maintain my authority at the jumps. Well that's hard to maintain anyway...young punks be getting good up There!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Nobody ever says that to people that own fancy cars..."maybe if you didn't drive a Mercedes everywhere..." I do too many kms every day to ride a shitter. I rely on the bike to get everywhere, so it needs to be reliable every time. I know the risks and take precautions to prevent this sort of thing from happening, but unfortunately some times it does. Life is too short for shit bikes.
I hear you, but Mercedes isn't going to be stolen with a cheap battery powered angle grinder either.

Get a worthy replacement as soon as you can. De-sticker it or make it look like a Huffy.

Maybe even beg work to park in on premises somewhere indoors or in one 9f those train commuter bike storage things.

Ride your bling but make it harder for the utter cretins in society to take it from you.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Nobody ever says that to people that own fancy cars..."maybe if you didn't drive a Mercedes everywhere..." I do too many kms every day to ride a shitter. I rely on the bike to get everywhere, so it needs to be reliable every time. I know the risks and take precautions to prevent this sort of thing from happening, but unfortunately some times it does. Life is too short for shit bikes
110% get it too, but I was still going to keep the cheap crap for those times I knew I'd have to leave it vulnerable to scum. Unfortunately it died between ordering and delivery.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir. Once the pain fades the options will be clearer

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Shithouse

I haven't got a massive amount of bits kicking around anymore thanks to people in Ballarat, but if a gt chucker frame or specialized Bighit frame will help get you rolling again, hit me up. They'll cost you postage (which is bugger all with e-go)

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You have seen me riding...

I hear you, but Mercedes isn't going to be stolen with a cheap battery powered angle grinder either.

Maybe even beg work to park in on premises somewhere indoors or in one 9f those train commuter bike storage things.
Sadly cars get stolen plenty too.

Tricky keeping a bike inside a cafe. But I often pop it inside once the doors are shut if I'm going to be there a while etc. While trading though it is usually about 8m from the door.

This was daylight, close of business for the couple of large offices near by, there's a security foot patrol through the area, surveillance everywhere, it's fairly open, well lit after dark, and so on. I was working a pop up bar near by last night and after setting it all up went back to grab the bike for keeping near by and...well that's how it goes sometimes.

The only thing that’ll keep your bike safe is storing it inside your place of work.
You would think so. One of my mates works in a heftily secured office near by and they have had a few day time break ins...while the office is operating. This has included someone who broke in to the car park and stole his bike which was locked up in the carpark. To think...these people will even come in our houses! Someone grabbed a neighbours bike recently from his yard. In the day time. While he was getting ready to go for a ride. Bike thieves have some nerve!

Thanks for offer @Plankosaurus, I'll be sourcing something pretty soon enough.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Any luck with the camera’s?

It’s a shit go, that bike was something else. Bland, but something.