STOLEN Pivot M4X

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
As has been said before, all a lock of any type does is delay the theft. The better locks just take longer to cut or defeat, and may deter the opportunistic thief who may not bother and go for a less secure target. A professional bike thief will be equipped for almost any lock.

Look up Pewag 3012 security chain - it’s used to made heavy duty snow chains and is case hardened, so it’s hard on the outside and soft in the middle; it’s not brittle or easy to break with a hammer. Even slows down an angle grinder...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Poodles, you thought about using a tracker or one of those locks that are hooked up to your phone via blue tooth.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
do you want to borrow a set to go "shopping"
...hmmmm.

I now have a similar designed lock. I was pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to break, but the sales rep who happened to be in store at the time was certain it was a winner. I figured it would take a little more effort than this though!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Poodles, you thought about using a tracker or one of those locks that are hooked up to your phone via blue tooth.
Nah...no good getting a message that something bad is happening that I can't prevent. Going to the bike's new location though...that would be tempting. I'm not particularly scary and have a fairly petite build, but I can sure make a loud angry man voice.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nah...no good getting a message that something bad is happening that I can't prevent. Going to the bike's new location though...that would be tempting. I'm not particularly scary and have a fairly petite build, but I can sure make a loud angry man voice.
If the bike is close to where you are working, you might have half a chance but I don't know your full circumstances. I looked at a few of those tracking devices and the battery life isn't great in them but it might be worth a shot if you can get to the bike fast enough.