STOLEN Pivot Mach 429 aluminium

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
Sorry to read of the situation, here's hoping for a quick resolve.

I may have missed it, but it might assist in the retrieval, what size frame?

Johnacles

Likes Bikes
Sorry to read of the situation, here's hoping for a quick resolve.

I may have missed it, but it might assist in the retrieval, what size frame?
It's a large size, but it's pretty big for a large frame...

Hopefully the insurance will pull through, but it's still a mega bummer, thanks again for all you kind words.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
It's a large size, but it's pretty big for a large frame...

Hopefully the insurance will pull through, but it's still a mega bummer, thanks again for all you kind words.
thinking of you mate- is the insurance aware that they cost 9 grand to replace and only come in carbon now

Johnacles

Likes Bikes
thinking of you mate- is the insurance aware that they cost 9 grand to replace and only come in carbon now
I get it for shop price JD, perks of the job.

And Jet Black importers still stock the Aluminium XT/XTR build, so should be okay.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I get it for shop price JD, perks of the job.

And Jet Black importers still stock the Aluminium XT/XTR build, so should be okay.
as far as insurance company is concerned you paid top dollar and they only have carbon- get it?

Johnacles

Likes Bikes
as far as insurance company is concerned you paid top dollar and they only have carbon- get it?
Oh yeah, I'm sorry, I forgot, last years Carbon model was specially built to look like it was welded, and in fact, Shimano went out of business and now I can only get the XX1 build kit. Bummer.

Johnacles

Likes Bikes
What's the go with the insurance payout timing, JK? You going to have a 29er for the Mont?
Mikes quoting the insurance company on Monday, hopefully it'll take a week or so to get in and build up and with any luck I might have it the Thursday before. Cross your fingers for me!

And Glen, thanks, but I'd rather ride a unicycle ;-)

Minlak

custom titis
Mikes quoting the insurance company on Monday, hopefully it'll take a week or so to get in and build up and with any luck I might have it the Thursday before. Cross your fingers for me!

And Glen, thanks, but I'd rather ride a unicycle ;-)
They don't have a waiting period for theft in case it turns up? I have seen some car policies that say 4 weeks? However if you work at the shop I'm sure they will trust you for a week or two ;)

Johnacles

Likes Bikes
They don't have a waiting period for theft in case it turns up? I have seen some car policies that say 4 weeks? However if you work at the shop I'm sure they will trust you for a week or two ;)
True, but the problem with bikes is that they are almost untraceable, anyone could grap a couple of rattle cans and black the poor bike out, leaving it far less outstanding, plus, bikes don't have number plates etc.

Minlak

custom titis
True, but the problem with bikes is that they are almost untraceable, anyone could grap a couple of rattle cans and black the poor bike out, leaving it far less outstanding, plus, bikes don't have number plates etc.
Oh I don't expect it to be found.. Just curious if they were saying x number of weeks til we will settle?

Johnacles

Likes Bikes
what size bike do you need mate- large? You could borrow mine although it is XL.
You're too kind JD, but I've got a back-up Titus at the moment, and I can alway's borrow Hifi's Tallboy if the need arises. What a shame that would be...