Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Translated:

Moscow. Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 70 percent from 1990 levels in the fight against climate change. The goal should be achieved by 2030, it said in a decision by the Kremlin chief published on Wednesday.

Russia complains that the temperature rise in the country is stronger than in other parts of the world . Scientists are particularly concerned that the permafrost soils in Siberia are thawing and, for example, releasing gigantic amounts of climate-damaging methane gas.

Putin's decree fell on the day the United States' exit from the Paris Agreement of 2015 officially took effect. The agreement of the United Nations provides for global warming to be limited to 2 degrees Celsius, if possible even to 1.5 degrees. As the largest country in the world, Russia is feeling the consequences of climate change not only through the thawing of permafrost soils, but also through annual temperature records, massive forest fires and floods.
Buggered if I know how they plan to execute this, but if Russia are serious about CC they will need to influence every other nation into participating.

Watch this space.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Translated:

Buggered if I know how they plan to execute this, but if Russia are serious about CC they will need to influence every other nation into participating.

Watch this space.
This is where you insert the laughing Ray Liota meme.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
This is nuts - Sydney Observatory Hill:

But CC will mean this is no longer nuts.

Where the fuck are we heading?
We're heading for Tassie, that's where we're headed!
In all seriousness though, I wonder what it's going to be like when we get 4 weeks of over 40 degrees, instead or the current 2.