Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

mark22

Likes Dirt
How it works for me is. I could write a letter to my MP and I'm sure a lovely response would be forthcoming or I could join Extintion rebellion and stop some traffic somewhere, both of which would do nothing imho.

So I does what I can. Isn't this making a tiny practical difference?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck it. I'm going to run my air con 24-7, I'm buying a canyonaero (tundra?), and building a new house! I'm also investing in coal, oil, and gas because somebody has to have a win!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
How it works for me is. I could write a letter to my MP and I'm sure a lovely response would be forthcoming or I could join Extintion rebellion and stop some traffic somewhere, both of which would do nothing imho.

So I does what I can. Isn't this making a tiny practical difference?
We want to talk about it. That's what forums are for.

This type of discussion:

• With South Korea and Canada, is one of three countries most off track to meet their already unambitious Paris Agreement pledge (NDC);
  • Has increased fossil fuels in its total primary energy supply since last year;
  • Has the second most carbon-intensive energy sector in the G20, a reflection of the high share of fossil fuels in the energy mix
  • Has a per capita energy supply more than twice the G20 average
  • Has among the highest transport emissions per capita in the G20, with no significant fuel efficiency standards for light duty vehicles, and little commitment to public transport;
  • Has among the highest flight emissions per capita – it has 53 times higher per capita emissions from aviation than India;
  • Is one of the three countries with the highest buildings emissions per capita (with US and Saudi Arabia);
  • Has no policies to stop deforestation.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
groan

No-one can discuss a CC topic unless they are beyond individual reproach. Not how it works, sunshine.
Should be how it works, I'm sick of people who bang on about the government not doing enough while living a typical Australian lifestyle.
If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem. Bleating on the internet won't help.

Me, I plant trees and lots of them on public land. If you're too lazy to do that yourself pay someone to do it for you.
What's your annual output of CO2 @hifiandmtb, I bet it isn't negative and you're not really trying.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Oh there are two now.

I worry about CC, I discuss CC, I wish there was a political approach that would help turn the corner.

You don't have to participate in this thread if you don't want to.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yeah a bunch us do a bunch of things but it's not enough without goverments on board forcing the rest who do nothing to do something or pay for what they don't do. Who did you holier-than-thou difference makers vote for?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Must make you proud to be a Newcastleian (or whatever you lot call yourselves) ;)
We are Castelians. And we have plenty of wankers! The collective is a Dutch rudder.

So proud to be part of the ground breaking innovations in coal that will see us at the forefront of energy security now and long into the future. What good is all the food and water you need to love if you can't cook it?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
We are Castelians. And we have plenty of wankers! The collective is a Dutch rudder.

So proud to be part of the ground breaking innovations in coal that will see us at the forefront of energy security now and long into the future. What good is all the food and water you need to love if you can't cook it?
Normally id ask for an explanation on the rudder thing, but I'm afraid you might tell me...

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Need to dump some polystyrene - about 1.5 cubic metres of offcuts and all that. Spent the morning calling around to see who would take what. Most free ones were for residents and only small quantities. Ended up finidng a place that took it for a pretty steep fee. Went to the transfer station. Turned up paid for the polystyrene disposal (more than landfill) ended up getting told to dump it in the general pit....

Shouldn't be this hard to do the right thing...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Ah crap - I took my Expol offcuts back to the manufacturer for recycling:

Dunno if all polystyrene is the same?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Need to dump some polystyrene - about 1.5 cubic metres of offcuts and all that. Spent the morning calling around to see who would take what. Most free ones were for residents and only small quantities. Ended up finidng a place that took it for a pretty steep fee. Went to the transfer station. Turned up paid for the polystyrene disposal (more than landfill) ended up getting told to dump it in the general pit....

Shouldn't be this hard to do the right thing...
Try getting an immobile car drained of r134a...